Default I use my trawler a lot

I uses me trawler quites sa bit hawling back diesel frum Mexico. I can carry
1200 gallons, I cruise down for the weekend on a near empty tank, cruise
back up on Tuesday, sell 1000 gallons at $5.00. Every week, all tax free!

On Jun 30, 12:29*pm, "Popeye" wrote:
I uses me trawler quites sa bit hawling back diesel frum Mexico. I can carry
1200 gallons, I cruise down for the weekend on a near empty tank, cruise
back up on Tuesday, sell 1000 gallons at $5.00. Every week, all tax free!

Good for you. Maybe you want to smuggle some cocaine instead to cut
down on the number of trips/year and lower your carbon foot print.

http://www.kveo.com/news/local/21410439.html

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:29:30 -0400, "Popeye"
wrote:

I uses me trawler quites sa bit hawling back diesel frum Mexico. I can carry
1200 gallons, I cruise down for the weekend on a near empty tank, cruise
back up on Tuesday, sell 1000 gallons at $5.00. Every week, all tax free!

Do I have to stand in line? I mean, 1,000 gallons of diesel for five
dollars seems like a good price.

A fool who knows his foolishness is wise
at least to that extent, but a fool who
thinks himself wise is a fool indeed.

Bob Bob is offline

On Jun 30, 11:29*am, "Popeye" wrote:
I uses me trawler quites sa bit hawling back diesel frum Mexico. I can carry
1200 gallons, I cruise down for the weekend on a near empty tank, cruise
back up on Tuesday, sell 1000 gallons at $5.00. Every week, all tax free!

thats what i told the coffee king on the Red Clown. Deep six the coffe
idea, uh well... i guess he did, and take an old 80' gulf shrimper
down there. most have 15-25 thousand gallon fuel tanks PLUS area galor
in the hold and monster space for a deck load.

But noooo. he wanted to be a coffee captain.
Bob

On Jul 1, 12:05*pm, Bob wrote:
On Jun 30, 11:29*am, "Popeye" wrote:

I uses me trawler quites sa bit hawling back diesel frum Mexico. I can carry
1200 gallons, I cruise down for the weekend on a near empty tank, cruise
back up on Tuesday, sell 1000 gallons at $5.00. Every week, all tax free!

thats what i told the coffee king on the Red Clown. Deep six the coffe
idea, uh well... i guess he did, and take an old 80' gulf shrimper
down there. most have 15-25 thousand gallon fuel tanks PLUS area galor
in the hold and monster space for a deck load.

But noooo. he wanted to be a coffee captain.
Bob

Bob you are so FN stupid with your idiotic suggestion. (nothing new)

Why would anyone risk 20 years in prison for smuggling such a low
profit item?

Diesel is 2.50 a gallon now in Mexico, you could only sell it black
market for 4.00 if you are lucky.

So if you can do the math (which I doubt) you would see you only get
37,500 profit per trip from the fuel @ 25,000 gallons. a typical
trawler @ 80 ft would burn approx 840 gallons a day, X 10 days round
trip or 8,400 gallons removing 17,500 from your profit. Paid crew,
grub, wear and tear another 5 K per trip.

So leaving you a grand total of profit around 15,000 dollars per
trip. And a dumb ass dork like you would risk 20 years in the slammer
for 15 K. No wonder you spend your time at bus stops.

You may not have a life outside prison woth anything but Joe does I
would bet.

With an 80 ft sailboat you could carry 40,000 lbs of coffee.
Coffee can bring 7 a pound pure profit.
At 40,000 lbs thats 280,000 dollars profit on the cargo. Remove 10K
for fuel and legal paper work ect you have 270,000 dollars profit per
trip and no risk of jail time.

Again Bob, like Nealbur you will never muster up the balls to do
anything but sit on your hemmoroid laiden asses and critize those who
do. Start using your head for something other than greasing up pillow
cases.

Fred

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:37:25 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

With an 80 ft sailboat you could carry 40,000 lbs of coffee.

Have you priced shipping it on a boxboat like everyone else?

Casady

On Jul 1, 5:17*pm, (Richard Casady) wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:37:25 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
With an 80 ft sailboat you could carry 40,000 lbs of coffee.

Have you priced shipping it on a boxboat like everyone else?

Casady

Why would I?
I'm not an importer of diesel or coffee.

But I can tell the difference from an idiots illegal fantasy and an
ideal that may make a profit.

I know a container of parts from China will cost my company 9000
dollars each way shipping.

I'm just looking at the math.

Fred

wrote in message
On Jul 1, 12:05 pm, Bob wrote:
On Jun 30, 11:29 am, "Popeye" wrote:

I uses me trawler quites sa bit hawling back diesel frum Mexico. I can
carry
1200 gallons, I cruise down for the weekend on a near empty tank,
cruise
back up on Tuesday, sell 1000 gallons at $5.00. Every week, all tax
free!

thats what i told the coffee king on the Red Clown. Deep six the coffe
idea, uh well... i guess he did, and take an old 80' gulf shrimper
down there. most have 15-25 thousand gallon fuel tanks PLUS area galor
in the hold and monster space for a deck load.

But noooo. he wanted to be a coffee captain.
Bob

Bob you are so FN stupid with your idiotic suggestion. (nothing new)

He was right on with respect to his advice to the hapless skipper of the
erstwhile motor sailer, "Red Cloud." Not a few sensible folks tried to warn
him to cease and desist in his folly but did he heed the advice of his
superiors? No! And look what it got him.

Why would anyone risk 20 years in prison for smuggling such a low
profit item?

Duh, you can't 'smuggle' diesel fuel that way. You are allowed to have it in
your working tanks. The only way you can get caught is if you get caught
selling it. What you do is arrange beforehand to sell it to somebody who can
re-sell it. You sell it for a buck over what you have in a gallon of it and
the fellow you sell it to gets a buck. In case you haven't looked lately
diesel is close to five bucks a gallon now.

Diesel is 2.50 a gallon now in Mexico, you could only sell it black
market for 4.00 if you are lucky.

You just don't think very clearly, do you? You let somebody else sell it on
the black market. You can't get too greedy if you're going to skirt the law.
Greed is what gets most crooks in the end.

snip faulty math

Your math is wrong. At today's high prices for diesel the profit would be
around 30 large.

And, diesel is lighter than water. Pretty hard to sink the boat like that
the buffoon crew of "Red Cloud" had so little trouble doing with their
ill-conceived coffee run. El Lago Coffee Company, indeed. More like El Lamo
Coffee Company.

You may not have a life outside prison woth anything but Joe does I
would bet.

How can the poor schmuck even show his face anymore? After that travesty he
pulled off in the Gulf nobody would ever take him seriously again.

With an 80 ft sailboat you could carry 40,000 lbs of coffee.
Coffee can bring 7 a pound pure profit.
At 40,000 lbs thats 280,000 dollars profit on the cargo. Remove 10K
for fuel and legal paper work ect you have 270,000 dollars profit per
trip and no risk of jail time.

Bunk. If there were seven bucks a pound proffit coffe would cost about 14
bucks a pound and we all know I can go down to any bean shop and buy a one
pound bag of premium beans for six or seven bucks. What are you smoking,
man?

Again Bob, like Nealbur you will never muster up the balls to do
anything but sit on your hemmoroid laiden asses and critize those who
do. Start using your head for something other than greasing up pillow
cases.

Fred

Sorry, Fred, but if that puff-chested, strutting, know-it-all, banty rooster
of a poor excuse for a seaman who sailed the "Red Cloud" into extinction in
a little ole Gulf of Mexico cold front would have listened to Bob and Wilbur
he would have stood a much better chance of success. Of course, given what
we all know about his competence level after the fact, even God Himself
could not have guaranteed 100% success.

If the Captain Huff-n-Puff would have listened to me and hauled a decent
profit-making load down to Belize like I told him to, he would have at least
salvaged something out of the debacle. But, noooo, he had to play at the
game instead of taking it seriously. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing
right. The man's never going to succeed at anything until he adopts that
philosophy.

And you need to start using your ass for something other than a place to
store your head.
(SMACKDOWN!)

Wilbur Hubbard

Bob Bob is offline

On Jul 1, 2:32*pm, wrote:

Have you priced shipping it on a boxboat like everyone else?

Casady

Why would I?
I'm not an importer of diesel or coffee.

But I can tell the difference from an idiots illegal fantasy and an
ideal that may make a profit.

I'm just looking at the math.

Fred

Hey Fred, take a look at these numbers.

HOw wise is it to create a business when the retail coffee market is
tanking. take Starbucks. the just layed off 12,000 jobs and closed 600
stores. Their stock cost ~$40 per share in mid 2006 now trading at
$15.62

Look at the trend at the link below. Its been a down hill slide since
mid 2006. Now why would any one want to go into a business that
depends on people paying 5 ****ing bucks for a coffee?

http://search.us.reuters.com/rsearch...srch-top-quote

It dont take a university professor with three degrees, a license, and
a rating to figure out maybe standing on a street corner trying to
sell coffee beans is not such a great idea...............

Oh, but I forgot. The owner and operator of Red Clown was a ignorant
coonass GOM brown water boat driver. I appologize for the redundant
descriptors. We must be kinder to those less fortunate, a 10 grade
education, and a dedicated seat on short bus to coonass success...

Bob
PS Fred once again thank you for reading my post. I take that as a
true compliment.
XOXOXO

trawler or cruiser [email protected] General 46 July 9th 07 02:44 AM
New Trawler Rick UK Power Boats 0 February 2nd 05 02:52 PM
FS: 50' Trawler in Norfolk, VA Steve Marketplace 0 January 13th 05 03:54 AM
Trawler publications Tamaroak General 2 November 29th 04 05:37 PM
Trawler publications Tamaroak Cruising 2 November 29th 04 05:37 PM