Default Trawler, anyone?

The new Grand Banks 41 with Skyhook, looks awesome. Beautiful Salon,
apparently lots of room from the photos , and fast, too.
23 knots for a 41 foot Trawler is fast. Great range, as well.
Another beauty that would be nice to own.

On Jan 15, 6:51*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:53:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:
The new Grand Banks 41 with Skyhook, looks awesome. Beautiful Salon,
apparently lots of room from the photos , and fast, too.
23 knots for a 41 foot Trawler is fast. Great range, as well.
Another beauty that would be nice to own.

To be called a trawler a boat needs to have a decent fuel range, close
to 1,000 nautical miles give or take. * It is highly unlikely that a
23 knot boat will be anything close to that. * Grand Banks seems to
have forgotten their roots.

I forgot to mention ( and you obviously havent read the write-up, my
bad ) but at 8.8 knots, using 7.9 gal per hour.... with a load of 500
gallons....thats a lot of NM. More than your cutoff line, I'll guess.
Twin Diesels. Zeus Pods.
Go read the write-up.

On Jan 15, 7:53*pm, (Richard Casady)
wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:04:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:
To be called a trawler a boat needs to have a decent fuel range, close
to 1,000 nautical miles give or take. It is highly unlikely that a
23 knot boat will be anything close to that. Grand Banks seems to
have forgotten their roots.

I forgot to mention ( and you obviously havent read the write-up, my
bad ) but at 8.8 knots, using 7.9 gal per hour.... with a load of 500
gallons....thats a lot of NM. More than your cutoff line, I'll guess.
Twin Diesels. Zeus Pods.
Go read the write-up.

Go do the math: approx 550 mi range. When a thousand is the minimum.

Casady`

I'm ONLY posting that Power Boating Magazine called it a Trawler...go
argue with them.

Unfortunately there are major reliability
issues with high performance diesels run at slow speed for extended
periods of time.

This from Cummins Diesel, with Mercruiser-Zeus Pods...dont remember
reading that in the article...who's your Pro stating that?
I dont think these are high-performance Diesels, either.

On Jan 15, 8:17*pm, D K wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 15, 6:51 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:53:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:
The new Grand Banks 41 with Skyhook, looks awesome. Beautiful Salon,
apparently lots of room from the photos , and fast, too.
23 knots for a 41 foot Trawler is fast. Great range, as well.
Another beauty that would be nice to own.
To be called a trawler a boat needs to have a decent fuel range, close
to 1,000 nautical miles give or take. * It is highly unlikely that a
23 knot boat will be anything close to that. * Grand Banks seems to
have forgotten their roots.

I forgot to mention ( and you obviously havent read the write-up, my
bad ) but at 8.8 knots, using 7.9 gal per hour.... with a load of 500
gallons....thats a lot of NM. More than your cutoff line, I'll guess.
Twin Diesels. Zeus Pods.
Go read the write-up.

I get 620 miles but that's slow as hell - over 63 hours.- Hide quoted text -

Hence the term " Cruising "...doh!