Default I'll give him four years -he won't get reelected...

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6617979

Oh is he giong to learn a lesson...

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6617979

Oh is he giong to learn a lesson...

Just think. Using Harry and Vic's logic, Obama's legacy will be that he
presided over the worst economic recession in the history of the USA.

There's probably also a 50/50 chance of a shooting war with Iran.

Eisboch

hk hk is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6617979

Oh is he giong to learn a lesson...

Just think. Using Harry and Vic's logic, Obama's legacy will be that he
presided over the worst economic recession in the history of the USA.

There's probably also a 50/50 chance of a shooting war with Iran.

Eisboch

At the moment, both situations he is inheriting from the worst president
in at least the last 80 years, and perhaps the worst ever.

"hk" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6617979

Oh is he giong to learn a lesson...

Just think. Using Harry and Vic's logic, Obama's legacy will be that he
presided over the worst economic recession in the history of the USA.

There's probably also a 50/50 chance of a shooting war with Iran.

Eisboch

At the moment, both situations he is inheriting from the worst president
in at least the last 80 years, and perhaps the worst ever.

I know. But on Jan 21 we can blame it all on Obama according to your logic.
Seriously, we are in bad shape. Not sure there is a way to recover.
I need to think about this some more.

Eisboch

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:43:09 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
om...
Eisboch wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6617979

Oh is he giong to learn a lesson...

Just think. Using Harry and Vic's logic, Obama's legacy will be that he
presided over the worst economic recession in the history of the USA.

There's probably also a 50/50 chance of a shooting war with Iran.

Eisboch

At the moment, both situations he is inheriting from the worst president
in at least the last 80 years, and perhaps the worst ever.

I know. But on Jan 21 we can blame it all on Obama according to your logic.
Seriously, we are in bad shape. Not sure there is a way to recover.
I need to think about this some more.

Do that and get back to me.
I'm going to make a cup of coffee.
Should be enough time for you to work it out.

--Vic

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

I know. But on Jan 21 we can blame it all on Obama according to your
logic.
Seriously, we are in bad shape. Not sure there is a way to recover.
I need to think about this some more.

Do that and get back to me.
I'm going to make a cup of coffee.
Should be enough time for you to work it out.

--Vic

I used the word "logic" to refer to your previous acknowledgement that you
hold the sitting POTUS responsible for whatever the current state of affairs
is. So does Harry. That's why you were lumped together. Perhaps I should
have used the word "illogical". :-)

Ok. Back from thinking. Here's the dilemma and my idea.

According to the economic think tank panel on the CNN presentation, the
prime reason for the economic mess we are in is our credit card mentality.
It goes way beyond credit cards however. We want, so we buy with money we
don't have. Sub-prime mortgages follows the same mentality and brought the
life style problem to a head.

The (almost) unanimous recommendation of the panel was for the country to
return to a post depression mentality and concentrate on savings. People
who lived through the depression learned a lesson and were much more fugal
in their spending habits, putting money away for a rainy day. Somewhere
along the line we shifted away from this mentality, and got into a buy now,
pay later style of living. Saving for the future changed it's meaning to
401k investment planning, relying on others for a secure future.

But now, here's the current problem in trying to recover from this mess:

The government's solution is to encourage us to spend more now. The
"stimulus" programs are intended to encourage spending. This is 180 degrees
out of phase of what most conservative economic experts recommend and
continues the "I want it now" mentality. It probably won't work because
smart people *are* concerned and will most will put any extra money received
through give a ways or tax reductions into savings.

Here's my proposal.

Forget about big business bailouts and stimulus checks/tax relief programs
to private individuals.
Establish a federal version of the state small business administration
(SBA) programs and use a fraction of the bailout monies being spent on
bailouts to provide start-up funding or growth funding for small businesses
nation-wide. This is where 80 percent of the population works. Some of
those who have lost jobs will apply for start-up funding to create new ones.
Obviously not all new businesses will make it, but those that do will hire
more people, many from the unemployed ranks. Small businesses are better
suited to focus on new technologies, green programs, or service sector areas
anyway because they don't have the diverse baggage to carry like big
business.

A recovery won't be fast, but it will be based on a solid footing and will
open the door to re-establish manufacturing in the US.

Eisboch

Tim Tim is offline

messagenews:gvhkm4pk9keadf19ct0g6d3ob3hp88hsn1@4ax .com...
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6617979

Oh is he giong to learn a lesson...

Just think. *Using Harry and Vic's logic, Obama's legacy will be that he
presided over the worst economic recession in the history of the USA.

There's probably also a 50/50 chance of a shooting war with Iran.

Eisboch

At the moment, both situations he is inheriting from the worst president
in at least the last 80 years, and perhaps the worst ever.

But! he's promised to fix it and no one will have to worry about gas
in their cars or making their mortgange.

Evidently that's what he promised the gal on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

"hk" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6617979

Oh is he giong to learn a lesson...

Just think. Using Harry and Vic's logic, Obama's legacy will be that he
presided over the worst economic recession in the history of the USA.

There's probably also a 50/50 chance of a shooting war with Iran.

Eisboch

At the moment, both situations he is inheriting from the worst president
in at least the last 80 years, and perhaps the worst ever.

Not like he didn't have some help from Democratic congress with the keys to
the bank. Right?

hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6617979

Oh is he giong to learn a lesson...

Just think. Using Harry and Vic's logic, Obama's legacy will be that
he presided over the worst economic recession in the history of the USA.

There's probably also a 50/50 chance of a shooting war with Iran.

Eisboch

At the moment, both situations he is inheriting from the worst president
in at least the last 80 years, and perhaps the worst ever.

Once Obama takes the oath of office and the unemployment numbers rise
they are his unemployment numbers because they occurred on his watch.
Once the debt rises it is Obama's recession. You can't changes the rules
because your guy is sitting behind the big desk.
Senior Member

On Jan 11, 8:06*pm, BAR wrote:
hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
messagenews:gvhkm4pk9keadf19ct0g6d3ob3hp88hsn1@4ax .com...
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6617979

Oh is he giong to learn a lesson...

Just think. *Using Harry and Vic's logic, Obama's legacy will be that
he presided over the worst economic recession in the history of the USA.

There's probably also a 50/50 chance of a shooting war with Iran.

Eisboch

At the moment, both situations he is inheriting from the worst president
in at least the last 80 years, and perhaps the worst ever.

Once Obama takes the oath of office and the unemployment numbers rise
they are his unemployment numbers because they occurred on his watch.
Once the debt rises it is Obama's recession. You can't changes the rules
because your guy is sitting behind the big desk.- Hide quoted text -

He can and he will, but only for him luckily.. He has not the
integerity to understand or even care, beyond his own selfish
ideology...

Give it up already JimH General 5 August 20th 07 12:07 AM
I give up ASA 0 January 14th 05 02:02 AM
Don't give up Now!!! Bobsprit ASA 1 September 1st 03 06:08 PM
I GIVE UP MICHAEL! BSTEPPSS Power Boat Racing 0 July 30th 03 05:13 AM