Default Talking Dog...a Joke for Someone Special

A guy is driving around Boston when he sees a sign in front of a house:

Talking Dog For Sale.

He rings the bell and the owner tells him the dog is in the backyard. The
guy goes into the backyard and sees a Labrador sitting there.

"You talk?" he asks.

"Yes," the Lab replies.

"So, what's the story?"

The Lab looks up and says, "Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was
pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told my congressman
about my gift, and in no time at all they had me jetting from country to
country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one
figured a dog would be eavesdropping.

I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running. But the
jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger
so I decided to settle down."

"I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover Security,
wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some
incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals. I got married, had a
load of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the
dog.

"Ten dollars," the owner says.

"Ten dollars? This dog is amazing. Why on earth are you selling him so
cheap?"

"Because he's a liar. He never did any of that ****!"

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 08:12:01 -0500, John H
wrote:

[...]

That's a keeper. Just read it to my wife and she laughed.
Then she said, "I wonder who's lying, the owner or the dog?"
She's a dog-lover, BTW.

--Vic

Something special for the wife... Don White General 3 December 19th 08 10:36 PM
I am special Boater[_3_] General 3 December 8th 08 01:30 PM
Special offer for you Sir! Flemming Torp Electronics 3 March 3rd 07 03:49 PM
A Special Note Please Read Sweetness ASA 22 August 10th 06 07:49 PM
BSA Victor Special 440 SUZY ASA 17 May 17th 06 01:48 AM