Default Multi-tool.

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:12:54 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Jan 8, 7:34 am, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 07:02:14 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."

On Jan 7, 8:44 pm, John H wrote:
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 16:50:29 -0800 (PST),

Well, as someone who made my living with hand tools, I can honestly
say I think quite the opposite.. Crapsman tools have failed me more
than any other tool, they are crap in my opinion, warrantee or not..
Like I said, the warrantee doesn't cover the busted knuckle when one
of their cheap wrenches snaps, or pay for the lost time when one
****s
the bed...

Snapalong, and Porter Cable are my preference...I will never buy
another Craftsman gas or electric power tool again either, cheap ass
plastic junk...

Craftsman is made for the average home repairman, doing simple home
repairs who really do not stress out a tool. They are not designed for
a pro. Most homeowners don't want to pay for Snap-a-long,

It's not Snapalong or Snap-a-long - It's Snapon.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/catalog.asp?tool=hand

Mac, or other

Pro Brands. Sears tools are substantially less expensive than the Pro
Tools. The pros buy expensive quality tools, because they can not
afford
to stop working so they can exchange a wrench that broke.

While Sears makes a decent product for homeowner quality tools, they
can
charge more, because Sears has successful convinced many homeowners
that
their life time warranty is unique.

I have found that Home Depot's Husky and Lowe's Kobolt tools to be the
equal of Mac and Snapon - and that's speaking as somebody who owns
Snapon tools. The higher end tool boxes are the equal of Snapon also.

And you can get Snapon tools at a fairly inexpensive price if you know
a Snapon franchise operator - they repossess tools on a regular basis
and you can get them for the money owed. That's how I got my set of
auto tools - paid about 1/3 of the new price and the tools were hardly
used.

Yep, I have a complete set of Husky 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" sockets, the
black lazer etched ones, that are great tools. I also have there 11
drawer bottom tool box, 3 drawer intermediate, and 8 drawer top box,
ball bearing glides, etc.

I gave each of the boys a set of Husky ratchets, socket and wrench
sets when they graduated from high school. Then I discovered Kobolt
tools at Lowe's so their boxes have a mixture of Husky and Kobolt hand
tools now.

The only thing I don't like about the Husky brand screwdrivers is that
they seem a little cheap to me. I have Klien hand screwdrivers and
cutters - things never wear out it seems - the cutters, not the
screwdrivers.

--

Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.

Sent both my girls off to college with a "Do it herself" toolkit. Hammer,
screw drivers, tape measure, pliers, etc in a nice case. Both used them a
lot in school for projects and younger daughter had boys come by to borrow
the use of tools. Was happy I taught them about hand tools as part of their
upbringing. Younger one still has the case and most of the tools and still
uses them for household repairs. I buy the cheaper set of tools at Kragen
autoparts for storage on the boat. Then just toss the tool when gets broke
or rusty or worn. Garage has a mixture of great, good and mediocre tools
collected over 55 years.

On Jan 7, 8:44 pm, John H wrote:
[...]

Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.

Offered without comment. "SNAP-ON" ---snerk---

Snap-on, snap-off. The switch of tools.

On Jan 7, 8:44 pm, John H wrote:
[...]

Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, I've got a set of Husky screwdrivers as well. They're fairly
good, not great. And I agree, if you are getting cutting tools, Klein
it is. There's a lot of Klein stuff in my electrical tool drawer.

Handy Calculator Tool Online - Very useful tool EngineerEDGE Boat Building 0 February 29th 08 03:00 PM
Favorite Multi-tool Bill ASA 14 April 18th 07 04:47 AM
Multi Boat Sale Jim Forbes General 1 January 13th 05 04:40 AM
Multi Boat Sale Jim Forbes Whitewater 0 January 12th 05 09:58 PM
seeking an ST-50 Multi - Electronics 1 June 7th 04 02:13 PM