Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Favorite Multi-tool

I'm looking at multi-tools online, mainly for sailing, and I am
wondering what sailors out there like. I am fairly new to sailing but
I understand the need for a good tool. I carry a seperate knife so
that is not a big issue but a pair of pliers would be very handy as
well as the option to have a screw driver or a pair of small scissors
available. I really want one that has a one hand opening feature for
the pliers because I don't want to have to let go of the boat to open
the jaws in rough seas. Everything I have seen in the stores around
here is pretty limited and is only two handed variety. I have seen
several Gerber ones on the net that are one handed opening but I am
reluctant to drop $100 on something I have never seen without any idea
if it is what I actually want or if I like the tool. So what do you
think and what do you use?

Thanks,
Bill

The Tool Kit ,, The Tool Kit ,, Thomas Wentworth Cruising 20 June 15th 06 07:54 PM
Tool for Bobspit & his puppet Joe ASA 1 April 25th 06 06:11 PM
has anyone ever used a scan tool on a Merc' 350 magnum bravo lll ? Electraglide Cruising 0 October 10th 05 01:15 AM
Raymarine ST60 Multi does not convert from NMEA Input to Seatalk [email protected] Electronics 1 May 19th 05 09:36 PM
Fuel readout and the Mercruiser Scan Tool SASIINC Electronics 0 August 5th 03 01:58 PM