Default Ping: Duck re. Norton

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:44:26 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 03:09:03 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 6, 2:08 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 13:45:13 -0500, Eisboch wrote:
Like the Duck, I am also careful about where and what I look for.
Maybe
it's luck or maybe it's not, but I certainly have never experienced
any
of the horror stories of infections one hears about.

*Where* may have a lot to do with it. A computer illiterate friend had
me look at his computer. It had slowed to a crawl, and he couldn't
figure it out. The "problem" was a 15 year old son that had access to
the computer. I can only guess at all the warez, porno, and other
crapware sites he had been visiting. I couldn't count all the malware
installed.

For that purpose, I purchased Adaware SE. It removes ALL trackers and
malware.
Now, if someone could only invent a scan tool that would erase
Herring, and Uncle Loogy .

Start Turn Off Computer Turn Off

Duck, I don't change my name very often. You can just filter me.

Huh?

I just suggested a *filter* to slammer that was all inclusive. I don't
filter anybody.

Whoops. I thought you'd written, "Now, if someone could only invent a scan
tool that would erase Herring, and Uncle Loogy ."

If that was slammer, then my comment should go to him.

"John H" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:44:26 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

. ..

wrote in message
On Jan 6, 2:08 pm, wrote:
[...]

Thank you.....I was just suggesting a *fool* proof filter.

Mr. Duck ....

Just wanted to let you know that I've done several restarts and reboots
today while installing some new software.

Mr. Norton has not raised his head since I uninstalled him per your method.
Starting to think he really has left and the computer has been successfully
exorcised.

Eisboch

wrote in message
On Jan 6, 2:08 pm, wrote:
[...]

I hate to correct you, but an even more effective filter is to take a
hammer to the computer.

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 18:37:07 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Mr. Duck ....

Just wanted to let you know that I've done several restarts and reboots
today while installing some new software.

Mr. Norton has not raised his head since I uninstalled him per your method.
Starting to think he really has left and the computer has been successfully
exorcised.

Guess you're not a horror film fan.
You're just asking to be surprised.

--Vic

wrote:

Mr. Duck ....

Just wanted to let you know that I've done several restarts and reboots
today while installing some new software.

Mr. Norton has not raised his head since I uninstalled him per your method.
Starting to think he really has left and the computer has been successfully
exorcised.

So your monitor has not spun around and/or puked up something that
looks like green pea soup?

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 18:32:45 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

Thank you.....I was just suggesting a *fool* proof filter.

You know, there is a corollary to the "only an idiot" supposition.

To wit: "If you make a system fool proof, somebody will make a better
fool."
Senior Member

On Jan 7, 8:16*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 18:32:45 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:
Thank you.....I was just suggesting a *fool* proof filter.

You know, there is a corollary to the "only an idiot" supposition.

To wit: *"If you make a system fool proof, somebody will make a better
fool."

snerk. Back when we built database, based websites, we used to have
our freind Glenn screw with them. If they were "Glenn-Proof", nobody
could break them

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Mr. Duck ....

Just wanted to let you know that I've done several restarts and reboots
today while installing some new software.

Mr. Norton has not raised his head since I uninstalled him per your
method.
Starting to think he really has left and the computer has been
successfully
exorcised.

So your monitor has not spun around and/or puked up something that
looks like green pea soup?

No, but I almost did.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Mr. Duck ....

Just wanted to let you know that I've done several restarts and reboots
today while installing some new software.

Mr. Norton has not raised his head since I uninstalled him per your
method.
Starting to think he really has left and the computer has been
successfully exorcised.

Eisboch

Take that Norton. Glad it worked.

Ping: The Donald (D.Duck) Eisboch[_2_] General 6 October 11th 07 11:21 PM
BE - Duck PM\(ZTB\) Tall Ship Photos 2 October 3rd 07 06:00 PM
OT Duck, duck....goosed! JimH General 1 January 30th 06 03:21 PM
If it walks like a liberal duck and spends like a liberal duck Vito ASA 10 December 7th 04 05:58 PM
Goodbye, Norton Bobsprit ASA 0 November 12th 03 02:01 PM