Default A silver lining?

There may be a bit of a silver lining to the economic mess we are in.
In addition to exposing Wall Street frauds and con artists, the attention
given to the problems is starting to light a fire under some Congress
Critters and causing them to clean up their own acts.

Just saw a investigative report on CNN. The reported was digging into a
credit card reform bill that has been languishing in Congress for almost 3
years. The proposed bill (now being or has been passed) prevents credit
card issuers from doing things like raising interest rates on previous
balances and requires a 45 day notice to give the holder an opportunity to
shop for other card providers.

But, this bill has been sitting in Congress for years. When Chris Dodd, the
Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee was asked why no action had been
taken until now, his comment was "We've tried but have met with strong
resistance from the banks who issue the cards."

Now, what the *hell* does *that* mean? The bank is holding Congress
hostage? What a wimpy answer.

Eisboch

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:07:21 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

[...]

Unless I heard wrong, it doesn't take effect for a year and a half.
--
We say, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

John
Senior Member

On Dec 18, 9:29*pm, John wrote:
[...]

John- Hide quoted text -

Chris Dodd is a bought and paid for piece of ****.... He has never
done anything for CT. but sell our jobs.

Three biggest reciepeints of Fannie and Freddie money in the last few
years, in order:
Chris Dodd
Barak Obama
John Kerry

but the dems say the fact that banks were forced to make bad loans and
left unregulated was the GOP.. pffffttt....

wrote:
On Dec 18, 9:29 pm, John wrote:
[...]

Show me anyone up there that is representing us. Please!

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Sun light is a bitch.

Now, what the *hell* does *that* mean? The bank is holding Congress
hostage? What a wimpy answer.

It all gets back to campaign contributions.

On Dec 18, 10:33 pm, nada wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 18, 9:29 pm, John wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately, "They" do not represent us either at the national level
nor at the state level. Blago did not represent his constituents and
here in FL our legislature does not really represent us. The level of
corruption due to lobbyists is extreme but I cannot figure out a good
way to stop it. It has been a problem sinc eth ebeginning of
representative democracy. I'd be interested in seeing some thoughts
on combatting the corruption.

On Dec 18, 10:49*pm, BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Which gets back to just where did BO get his money from? It sure
wasn't the newly empowered minority and college student voters. They
have no money to give.

He owes someone bigtime.

wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:49 pm, BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

50% of his donations, $500 million, are alleged to have come from
donations less than or equal to $200.

I remember hearing about a guy named Good Will donating something like
$27,000. And Good Will lives at the same address as a Goodwill
Industries thrift shop.

Senior Member

On Dec 18, 11:37*pm, BAR wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:49 pm, BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Industries thrift shop.- Hide quoted text -

40%... and the so called "flood" of small donations was really no more
than any previous campaign. The numbers were fudged by the MSM to make
it look like he was getting more "grass roots" support than other
candidates over the years. The Obama campaign took a lot of huge
corporate and private donations, this is who they owe. The way they
got around the law was to shut down the CVS address verification
portion of their credit card donations entry forms on line (which is
technically illegal) so they could take multiple donations over the
limit from donors in smaller denominations and not get caught as the
"real" identities of the donations origins could not be traced. It was
a scam right from the get go. There was blatant donation fraud and
illegal donations from over seas but they can't be traced either. Even
the Clintons were not that bold, the Billary campaign like any other
legal business/enterprise ran their donations through CVS
verification... This President and the dirtiest congress in history is
going to be a disaster of epic proportions. You think Billary sold us
out to the Chinese, just wait...
Senior Member

On Dec 18, 11:37*pm, BAR wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:49 pm, BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

"Good Will", Santa Clause, No 1 u No, are mostly George Soros and
similar criminal enterprises... Like I said, as to the "small"
donations or so called "grass roots" donations were no more than any
other recent election cycle, the MSM "quoted" the numbers in the
context of some "record" donations, but they weren't..

lining water tanks Nigel[_3_] Boat Building 4 February 16th 08 06:00 AM
A Silver Lining NOYB General 2 September 8th 05 03:33 PM
Ag/AgCl SIlver/Silver chloride reference electodes hanz Electronics 4 September 3rd 03 02:26 AM