Tim Tim is offline

Default A silver lining?

On Dec 18, 10:26*pm, wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:49*pm, BAR wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
There may be a bit of a silver lining to the economic mess we are in.
In addition to exposing Wall Street frauds and con artists, *the attention
given to the problems is starting to light a fire under some Congress
Critters and causing them to clean up their own acts.

Just saw a investigative report on CNN. *The reported was digging into a
credit card reform bill that has been languishing in Congress for almost 3
years. * The proposed bill (now being or has been passed) *prevents credit
card issuers from doing things like raising interest rates on previous
balances and requires a 45 day notice to give the holder an opportunity to
shop for other card providers.

But, this bill has been sitting in Congress for years. *When Chris Dodd, the
Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee was asked why no action had been
taken until now, his comment was "We've tried but have met with strong
resistance from the banks who issue the cards."

Sun light is a bitch.

Now, what the *hell* does *that* mean? * The bank is holding Congress
hostage? *What a wimpy answer.

It all gets back to campaign contributions.-

Which gets back to just where did BO get his money from? *It sure
wasn't the newly empowered minority and college student voters. *They
have no money to give.

He owes someone bigtime.

Don't know for sure, but Helen Jones-Kelley might be able to tell you:

http://www.dispatchpolitics.com/live...litics&sid=101

wrote:
On Dec 18, 11:37 pm, BAR wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:49 pm, BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

50% of his donations, $500 million, are alleged to have come from
donations less than or equal to $200.

I remember hearing about a guy named Good Will donating something like
$27,000. And Good Will lives at the same address as a Goodwill
Industries thrift shop.- Hide quoted text -

40%... and the so called "flood" of small donations was really no more
than any previous campaign. The numbers were fudged by the MSM to make
it look like he was getting more "grass roots" support than other
candidates over the years. The Obama campaign took a lot of huge
corporate and private donations, this is who they owe. The way they
got around the law was to shut down the CVS address verification
portion of their credit card donations entry forms on line (which is
technically illegal) so they could take multiple donations over the
limit from donors in smaller denominations and not get caught as the
"real" identities of the donations origins could not be traced. It was
a scam right from the get go. There was blatant donation fraud and
illegal donations from over seas but they can't be traced either. Even
the Clintons were not that bold, the Billary campaign like any other
legal business/enterprise ran their donations through CVS
verification... This President and the dirtiest congress in history is
going to be a disaster of epic proportions. You think Billary sold us
out to the Chinese, just wait...

Hilarious. Just frippin' hilarious.

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:07:21 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

[...]

That guy strikes me as a real sleazeball. Good example of how the
Dems have been "looking out for the little guy."
The only reason this change is getting through is "You can't squeeze
blood from a stone."
They were perfectly happy to let the CC companies squeeze the stones
until they dried up.
Problem they have now is lessening the number of looming personal
bankruptcies.
Either Obama or Clinton voted for a recent CC bill - a year or 2 ago -
- that allowed a usurious 30% rate, "because it was a good deal."
I saw one of the Fox "right wing" commentators commenting on how
disgustingly usurious the CC rates were.
When Fox guys are to the "left" of the Dems, it makes you wonder what
happened to the Dem party.
There are too many pukes of both parties to shake a stick at.
That's why I gave up on party labels long ago.
I'm 'left" or "right" on different issues.
What I've heard about the bill you mentioned is it takes effect
mid-year.
Probably to allow the CC companies to re-program their billing and
accounting systems.
Rate increases - for whatever reason - only affect new charges.
So you have tiered interest charges, which take more calcs.
Principal payments are applied to the highest interest tiers first.
Lots of timing/notification changes too.
It's complicated enough IT-wise that you can't change it quickly.

--Vic

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:57:01 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Dec 18, 10:26*pm, wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:49*pm, BAR wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

It's hard to believe a Democrat might actually get punished.
--
We say, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

John

On Dec 18, 11:37*pm, BAR wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:49 pm, BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

I suppose you're going to try to say that these antics only happen on
the left?

On Dec 19, 9:07 am, wrote:
On Dec 18, 11:37 pm, BAR wrote:

wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:49 pm, BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

I'd welcome muslims with a nuke to DC on inauguration day. BRING IT ON.

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:29:40 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

On Dec 19, 9:07 am, wrote:
On Dec 18, 11:37 pm, BAR wrote:

wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:49 pm, BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

HEY!

I live too close to downtown for that crap!
--
We say, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

John

wrote:
On Dec 19, 9:07 am, wrote:
On Dec 18, 11:37 pm, BAR wrote:

wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:49 pm, BAR wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

OK, yer right, collateral damage would be bad so i wont sell em my
plans for a nuke made from old smoke detectors and parts from a '72
Camaro.

lining water tanks Nigel[_3_] Boat Building 4 February 16th 08 06:00 AM
A Silver Lining NOYB General 2 September 8th 05 03:33 PM
Ag/AgCl SIlver/Silver chloride reference electodes hanz Electronics 4 September 3rd 03 02:26 AM