posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats

Default THE TOP 10 quotes of 2008

[
THE TOP 10 quotes of 2008, as compiled by the editor of the Yale Book of
Quotations:

1. "I can see Russia from my house!" — Comedian Tina Fey, while impersonating
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin on "Saturday Night Live," broadcast Sept. 13

2. "All of them, any of them that have been in fr ont of me over all these
years." — Palin, responding to a request by CBS anchor Katie Couric to name the
newspapers or magazines she reads, broadcast Oct. 1

3. "We have sort of become a nation of whiners." — former Sen. Phil Gramm, an
economic adviser to Sen. John McCain, quoted in The Washington Times, July 10

4. "It's not based on any particular data point, we just wanted to choose a
really large number." — Treasury Department spokeswoman explaining how the $700
billion number was chosen for the initial bailout, quoted on Forbes .co m Sept.
23

5. "The fundamentals of America's economy are strong." — McCain, in an interview
with Bloomberg TV, April 17

6. "Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are
nonreviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any
court of law or any administrative agency." — The Treasury Department's proposed
Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, September 2008

7. "Maybe 100." — McCain, discussing in a town-hall meeting in Derry, N.H., how
many years U.S. troops could remain in Iraq, Jan. 3

8. "I'll see you at the debates, b — ." — Paris Hilton in a video responding to
a McCain television ad, August 2008

9. "Barack, he's talking down to black people. ... I want to cut his ... off." —
the Rev. Jesse Jackson, overheard over a live microphone before a Fox News
interview, July 6

10. (tie) "Cash for trash." — Paul Krugman discussing the financial bailout, The
New York Times, Sept. 22

10. (tie) "There are no atheists in foxholes and there are no libertarians in
financial crises." — Krugman, in an interview with Bill Maher on HBO's "Real
Time," broadcast Sept. 19

10. (tie) "Anyone who says we're in a recession, or heading into one —
especially the worst one since the Great Depression — is making up his own
private definition of 'recession.' " — commentator Donald Luskin, the day before
Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy, The Washington Post, Sept. 14

Source: The Associated Press

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss
]

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 18:39:17 -0500, Cliff wrote:

[
[...]

The last is the most ironic. Donlald Luskin is an interesting critter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Luskin

Having spent his entire career in the banking and investment industry his
comment above is either a self-serving lie or shows that he is irreparably
out of touch with reality.

--
Regards, Curly
37 Days More of George Walker Bush Plundering the Economy

posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
snip
37 Days More of George Walker Bush Plundering the Economy

And the beginning of the Democrats taking "plundering" to a whole new level!

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:23:03 -0500, "Buerste" wrote:

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
snip
37 Days More of George Walker Bush Plundering the Economy

And the beginning of the Democrats taking "plundering" to a whole new level!

the difference is the Democrats plunder the wealthy. Republicans
plunder the poor and middle class.

-----
37 Days More of George Walker Bush Plundering the Economy

-----

And the beginning of the Democrats taking "plundering" to a whole new

level!

the difference is the Democrats plunder the wealthy. Republicans
plunder the poor and middle class.

It's about time then--beings the poor and middle classes basically have
little to nothing left of which to plunder.

posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:23:03 -0500, Buerste wrote:

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
... snip
37 Days More of George Walker Bush Plundering the Economy

And the beginning of the Democrats taking "plundering" to a whole new
level!

Ah, the old "Evilist of Two Lessors" argument misportraying the opposition.

I'll put you in the "Asshole A" column.

--
Regards, Curly
37 Days More of George Walker Bush Plundering the Economy

posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:23:03 -0500, Buerste wrote:

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
... snip

-----
37 Days More of George Walker Bush Plundering the Economy

-----

And the beginning of the Democrats taking "plundering" to a whole new
level!

Ah, the old "Evilist of Two Lessors" argument misportraying the

opposition.

It's "Lesser of Two Weevils", you ****ing numbskull..

I'll put you in the "Asshole A" column.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69...t/assholes.jpg

posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats

"Bipolar Bear" wrote in message
:
: ...

------
: -----
[...]

compliments of teh, Kadaitcha Man
- "Kadaitcha Man"
-
-
- :
- :
- : (http://data.exet.nu/bildarkiv/goatse/goatse_02.jpg)
- :
/compliments of teh, Kadaitcha Man

posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:23:03 -0500, "Buerste" wrote:

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
snip
37 Days More of George Walker Bush Plundering the Economy

And the beginning of the Democrats taking "plundering" to a whole new level!

Then explain why the economy does better with dems, why the repubs run
up debts & deficits & lie & start wars & why the dems pay down their debts
& don't seem to start wars based on lies.

This should be good.
--
Cliff
posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:28:08 -0800, "Bipolar Bear"
wrote:

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:23:03 -0500, Buerste wrote:

"Curly Surmudgeon" wrote in message
... snip

-----
37 Days More of George Walker Bush Plundering the Economy

-----

And the beginning of the Democrats taking "plundering" to a whole new
level!

Ah, the old "Evilist of Two Lessors" argument misportraying the

opposition.

It's "Lesser of Two Weevils", you ****ing numbskull..

But which is the Lesser of Two Weasels
http://jeremyghez.files.wordpress.co...ush_cheney.jpg ?
--
Clff

( OT ) More Goldwater Quotes Jim, General 1 April 25th 05 10:37 PM
( OT ) Quotes Jim General 5 June 9th 04 08:04 PM
( OT ) Quotes Jim General 1 March 21st 04 02:28 AM
Some quotes about Liberals basskisser General 26 February 4th 04 01:05 PM