Default Dang - I had forgotten...

how much fun low power DXing can be.

10 watts - 150' long wire oriented NE/SW @ 40 foot.

CW of course.

http://www.5k0t.com/

Got him on the third try.

I AM THE MAN!!! :)
Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 1, 8:46*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
how much fun low power DXing can be.

10 watts - 150' long wire oriented NE/SW @ 40 foot.

CW of course.

http://www.5k0t.com/

Got him on the third try.

I AM THE MAN!!! *:)

I looked at the guy's equipment, and I no nothing about radios, but I
do know a bit about this:

" Electric power will be supplied by two generators. One will supply
120V and the other 230V for the amplifiers. 2 battery chargers and 4
batteries serve as backup.

The radios will be an Elecraft K3, an Icom IC-746PRO and a IC-706. We
will have a Tokyo H.power amplifier with a homemede 2kW auto tuner and
a SGC 500W amplifier with a matching auto tuner."

"this guy didn't show up to dance...."

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 20:43:52 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

I looked at the guy's equipment, and I no nothing about radios, but I
do know a bit about this:

" Electric power will be supplied by two generators. One will supply
120V and the other 230V for the amplifiers. 2 battery chargers and 4
batteries serve as backup.

The radios will be an Elecraft K3, an Icom IC-746PRO and a IC-706. We
will have a Tokyo H.power amplifier with a homemede 2kW auto tuner and
a SGC 500W amplifier with a matching auto tuner."

"this guy didn't show up to dance...."

Yes, and then you've got the little problem of landing all of that
equipment with a small boat, on something resembling a sandbar, while
the winds are howling and big seas kicking up. Adventure indeed,
but I've always wanted to try it.

wrote:

I looked at the guy's equipment, and I no nothing about radios, but I
do know a bit about this:

" Electric power will be supplied by two generators. One will supply
120V and the other 230V for the amplifiers. 2 battery chargers and 4
batteries serve as backup.

The radios will be an Elecraft K3, an Icom IC-746PRO and a IC-706. We
will have a Tokyo H.power amplifier with a homemede 2kW auto tuner and
a SGC 500W amplifier with a matching auto tuner."

"this guy didn't show up to dance...."

Yes, and then you've got the little problem of landing all of that
equipment with a small boat, on something resembling a sandbar, while
the winds are howling and big seas kicking up. Adventure indeed,
but I've always wanted to try it.

Back when I was really active in IOTA, I almost went on the St. Paul
Island trip as a primary CW op.

When I found out it was going to be miserably cold, I said no thanks.
Give me an atoll in the Caribbean any day. :)

You ever work IOTA at all?

On Dec 1, 9:46*pm, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
how much fun low power DXing can be.

10 watts - 150' long wire oriented NE/SW @ 40 foot.

CW of course.

http://www.5k0t.com/

Got him on the third try.

I AM THE MAN!!! *:)

I've talked from here to Grants Pass Oregon, (about 3400 miles) on a
dam Bigstick....so what? If it wasnt for you, padding out the NG with
useless trivia, stroking your ego....it'd be barren. LOL.

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 05:37:04 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

Back when I was really active in IOTA, I almost went on the St. Paul
Island trip as a primary CW op.

When I found out it was going to be miserably cold, I said no thanks.
Give me an atoll in the Caribbean any day. :)

You ever work IOTA at all?

No but I might be interested in an expedition if the right opportunity
came along in the Caribbean.

Dang! I missed it! Tim General 5 July 18th 08 04:54 PM
Forgotten Peter C Tall Ship Photos 18 June 8th 08 06:42 PM
Dang! It wasn't the dodger snaps. Roger Long Cruising 4 May 25th 06 01:13 AM
Help with a boats forgotten past Jary Nemo General 0 October 4th 03 01:51 AM