Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Dang - I had forgotten...

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 20:43:52 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

I looked at the guy's equipment, and I no nothing about radios, but I
do know a bit about this:

" Electric power will be supplied by two generators. One will supply
120V and the other 230V for the amplifiers. 2 battery chargers and 4
batteries serve as backup.

The radios will be an Elecraft K3, an Icom IC-746PRO and a IC-706. We
will have a Tokyo H.power amplifier with a homemede 2kW auto tuner and
a SGC 500W amplifier with a matching auto tuner."

"this guy didn't show up to dance...."

Yes, and then you've got the little problem of landing all of that
equipment with a small boat, on something resembling a sandbar, while
the winds are howling and big seas kicking up. Adventure indeed,
but I've always wanted to try it.