Default Messing with Mother Nature

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 21:02:56 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
.. .

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 08:16:09 -0500, JohnH wrote:

If you decide to trash your Hess trucks, let me know. My grandkids love
them.

That ain't gonna happen. :)

FedEx just delivered my 2008 Hess Trucks today.

These ones are WAY cool.

Someday, assuming I ever have grandkids, they are going to enjoy my
Hess Truck collection. And the longer I keep the unopened boxed set
in original condition, the more they are worth.

Tell you what - I'll sell you the opened display truck collection.
It's complete from the first one to today's arrival. Only opened for
display purposes, then put back into the box after I'm tired of that
display and I put up others.

I'll take $150,000 for them. That includes the specials including the
ones offered only to stock holders. :)

Up here, we collected Dinky Toys made in England. I wish I had kept
mine... a lot of them were neet funny looking vehicles & tractors not seen
over here.

forgot link.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinky_Toy

Cool....
D K D K is offline

Don White wrote:
"D K" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
Yesterday, my wife and I went to North Georgia to enjoy a quiet
Thanksgiving Day in the mountains.

We visited a beautiful waterfall, Minnehaha Falls, off of the beaten
path. It was about a 5 miles drive on a one lane dirt/gravel road so it
really was quiet and secluded, especially on Thanksgiving.

Of course, I had to screw around with mother nature. Absolutely NONE of
my photos come close to the way it looked in real life.

This is the way it looks in real life:

http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/ne-ga-wate...ha-falls.shtml

This slide show shows how an amateur can screw up perfection:

http://outdoors.webshots.com/slideshow/568959352vWicBu

Well...she sure gave you a dirty look!

What are you trying to say, dummy?

It's a joke...Smithers 'got it'.
Go away and leave the men alone when they're talking.

"the men"? Who is Smithers, dummy? One of your Simpson's characters?
Whose the adult here?

"D K" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"D K" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
[...]

"Whose" you? ~~ Snerk ~~

On Nov 29, 10:20*pm, "Don White" wrote:
"D K" wrote in message

Don White wrote:
news:afqdnabXWK9TcLLUnZ2dnUVZ_t_inZ2d@giganews .com...
[...]

"Whose" you? * * ~~ Snerk ~~- Hide quoted text -

Man, you and Harry are joined at the hip! Just like Harry, it's okay
for YOU to make a typo or writing mistake, but if anybody else does
they are "middle school dropouts" or some such huh? Keep it up, you'll
soon reach the asshole status of Harry. Did you happen to see your
lover's posts about being kind and nice during the holidays?

messagenews:2ak3j49uvf73kgceko9voflbfp7lj0eg3u@4ax .com...

[...]

here.- Hide quoted text -

"neet"? ~~ Snerk ~~

Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 28, 7:33*am, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:
Boater wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:
Yesterday, my wife and I went to North Georgia to enjoy a quiet
Thanksgiving Day in the mountains.

We visited a beautiful waterfall, Minnehaha Falls, off of the beaten
path. *It was about a 5 miles drive on a one lane dirt/gravel road so
it really was quiet and secluded, especially on Thanksgiving.

Of course, I had to screw around with mother nature. *Absolutely NONE
of my photos come close to the way it looked in real life.

This is the way it looks in real life:

http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/ne-ga-wate...ha-falls.shtml

This slide show shows how an amateur can screw up perfection:

http://outdoors.webshots.com/slideshow/568959352vWicBu

PS - *If you move the mouse to the bottom of the screen an option bar
will pop up so you can speed up the slide show so each photo is only
up for 3 secs. *No one really wants to look at them any longer than 3
seconds.

You can also get entirely out of the slide show and look at the shots
individually, and at a larger size. When you do that, though, they look
fuzzy and out of focus, starting with photo #1. But I suspect that has
more to do with sizing/resizing for the photo site than for the actual
photos being out of focus. I liked #8322, because it gave me a sense of
the scale of the falls.

I think that was a photo of about 1/2 of the falls. *When I tried to get
all of the falls in the photo, i didn't like the way it looked. *No
detail, so I didn't even snap the photo. *The photos were taken using a
tripod, and using the timer with a 2 sec delay, so my hand was not on
the camera when it was taken. *So if they were fuzzy and out of focus it
was the result of operator error.

FWIW

Raf Siebert hangs out on the alt.guitar.bass board and is quite an
acomplished photo-type guy, He's got some really beautiful waterfall/
nature shots on his site.

here's his link to Flikr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rafiii

messing with boats - 2 ASA points Capt. JG ASA 22 January 30th 07 03:43 PM
The Nature of the Beast John W. Bienko ASA 1 September 7th 06 02:12 PM
Messing About in Boats John Touring 0 September 9th 04 03:52 AM
Nature knows best?? Bertie the Bunyip ASA 0 September 1st 03 08:39 AM