Default Some of my favorite restaurants in Jacksonville, FL...

Great seafood, interesting atmosphere...in Mayport

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=5517

Best restaurant in NE Florida, on the ICW

http://www.marker32.com/

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:35:51 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Great seafood, interesting atmosphere...in Mayport

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=5517

Best restaurant in NE Florida, on the ICW

http://www.marker32.com/

I was talking to my wife about possibly switching coasts in Florida.
My big argument is east coast surf fishing, which we really enjoy.
That place could be another.

--Vic

wrote:

Great seafood, interesting atmosphere...in Mayport

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=5517

Best restaurant in NE Florida, on the ICW

http://www.marker32.com/

I was talking to my wife about possibly switching coasts in Florida.
My big argument is east coast surf fishing, which we really enjoy.
That place could be another.

--Vic

For reasons I cannot explain, even after living there for six years, the
Jax area has good restaurants all out of proportion to its population or
economic influence. We have at least a dozen favorites down there -
American, Greek, Japanese, Seafood, Chinese, Cuban...lots of them. You
never have to step foot into a chain restaurant.

Surf fishing is pretty easy off the beaches. There are troughs 20 to 30
feet off the beaches that attract pogies, whiting, and other small
fishes, and all the much larger predators that feed on them.

I had two favorite surf fishing spots, one just south of the jetties
where the St. Johns River empties into the Atlantic, and one just north
of St. Augustine Inlet. At the beginning of the jetty right across from
that inlet you could find good flounder fishing.

The climate in Jax was pretty decent for me, too. Not too hot and muggy
in the summer, mild winters, and real long and lovely springs and falls.

Downside is (or maybe was) the crazed fundie churches. They do some
really bizarre stuff down there, and they are hard to ignore. Oh...and
the "football uber alles" mentality.
Jim Jim is offline

Boater wrote:
Great seafood, interesting atmosphere...in Mayport

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=5517

Best restaurant in NE Florida, on the ICW

http://www.marker32.com/

RULE NUMBER 1:
IF YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE IT DON'T EAT IT.

On Nov 17, 7:17 pm, Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Great seafood, interesting atmosphere...in Mayport

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=5517

Best restaurant in NE Florida, on the ICW

http://www.marker32.com/

RULE NUMBER 1:
IF YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE IT DON'T EAT IT.

My god those collards looked good. I forgot how much I miss em as my
wife is a yank and cant cook em.
Sorry Jim, I always violate Rule #1 when I travel, it makes things
interesting. It has its downsides though "Oh, the speciality is
actual goats head with eyeballs intact".

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:56:57 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

On Nov 17, 7:17 pm, Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Great seafood, interesting atmosphere...in Mayport

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=5517

Best restaurant in NE Florida, on the ICW

http://www.marker32.com/

RULE NUMBER 1:
IF YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE IT DON'T EAT IT.

My god those collards looked good. I forgot how much I miss em as my
wife is a yank and cant cook em.
Sorry Jim, I always violate Rule #1 when I travel, it makes things
interesting. It has its downsides though "Oh, the speciality is
actual goats head with eyeballs intact".

Why the hell don't *you* cook them? My wife can't cook 'em either, but I
have a mess at least twice a month and usually get three meals out of the
mess!

Let me know if interested, and I'll tell you how to do it.
--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Great seafood, interesting atmosphere...in Mayport

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=5517

Best restaurant in NE Florida, on the ICW

http://www.marker32.com/

RULE NUMBER 1:
IF YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE IT DON'T EAT IT.

Hmmmm. That would have cut down on my social life when I was single.

wrote:

On Nov 17, 7:17 pm, Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Great seafood, interesting atmosphere...in Mayport

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=5517

Best restaurant in NE Florida, on the ICW

http://www.marker32.com/

RULE NUMBER 1:
IF YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE IT DON'T EAT IT.

My god those collards looked good. I forgot how much I miss em as my
wife is a yank and cant cook em.
Sorry Jim, I always violate Rule #1 when I travel, it makes things
interesting. It has its downsides though "Oh, the speciality is
actual goats head with eyeballs intact".

Why the hell don't *you* cook them? My wife can't cook 'em either, but I
have a mess at least twice a month and usually get three meals out of the
mess!

Let me know if interested, and I'll tell you how to do it.
--

Ah.. another Johnny Child recipe.

wrote:

On Nov 17, 7:17 pm, Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Great seafood, interesting atmosphere...in Mayport

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Over...spx?RefID=5517

Best restaurant in NE Florida, on the ICW

http://www.marker32.com/

RULE NUMBER 1:
IF YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE IT DON'T EAT IT.

My god those collards looked good. I forgot how much I miss em as my
wife is a yank and cant cook em.
Sorry Jim, I always violate Rule #1 when I travel, it makes things
interesting. It has its downsides though "Oh, the speciality is
actual goats head with eyeballs intact".

Why the hell don't *you* cook them? My wife can't cook 'em either, but I
have a mess at least twice a month and usually get three meals out of the
mess!

Let me know if interested, and I'll tell you how to do it.
--

Ah.. another Johnny Child recipe.

My oldest daughter goes to school at UNF in Jacksonville and I keep
thinking I will get my Tolman over there to do some boating but it
hasnt happed. My brother even lives there on the river and I dont get
there much. I kid my daughter about taking the sailboat around FL to
the St. Johns River so she can live on it since she is Pres of the UNF
sailing club but being a chic she needs a real apt.

wrote:
On Nov 17, 7:17 pm, Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
[...]

There is just fantastic inshore and nearshore fishing in the Jax area.