Tim Tim is offline

Default Just stopped by to say "hi"

hmm, there are actually a few boating posts!

i hope fuel prices continue to drop and hope they will hold for next
summer (doubtful though) So I can take the wife on the river cruise
that we never got to go on this year.

Seeing a falling barrel put a dent in the the fore railing of my
cuddie, I'm not going to get it repaired. I'll be taking it off
repairing the holes and installing rope cleats.

looks better witht he railing even though it's really kind of usless
IMO. Going to spend some time working on it though. just cleaning up
some wierd and noodly silicone that the previous owner used to plug
stuff, and make it a really comfortable machine.

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:46:54 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

hmm, there are actually a few boating posts!

i hope fuel prices continue to drop and hope they will hold for next
summer (doubtful though) So I can take the wife on the river cruise
that we never got to go on this year.

Seeing a falling barrel put a dent in the the fore railing of my
cuddie, I'm not going to get it repaired. I'll be taking it off
repairing the holes and installing rope cleats.

looks better witht he railing even though it's really kind of usless
IMO. Going to spend some time working on it though. just cleaning up
some wierd and noodly silicone that the previous owner used to plug
stuff, and make it a really comfortable machine.

Hi, Tim. Was down you way yesterday and today. Gloomy weather.
Haven't seen sunlight in a couple days, whether up here or down to
Edwardsville.
A river cruise sure sounds like a good idea.
Was that the Ohio you were planning on?

--Vic
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

Edwardsville?

hey! my wife is from Edwardsville! in fact her grandparents farm is
under SIU-E

Yessir, it was the Ohio. possibly putting in at Cave in Rock, and
taking it around to Cairo or maybe keep going to St. Louis.

I typed in mapquest from CIR to Cairo, and you can see the river run.

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:00:03 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Yessir, it was the Ohio. possibly putting in at Cave in Rock, and
taking it around to Cairo or maybe keep going to St. Louis.

I typed in mapquest from CIR to Cairo, and you can see the river run.

Looks like a lengthy bit of motoring.
Ever boated on the Ohio?
Big sucker, and I usually see barge traffic when I go over the bridge
by Paducah.
One trip down to Florida with my brother I insisted on staying off the
interstate, and we drove down eastern Illinois on state roads.
Lots of abandoned little towns that used to serve the coal industry.
Quite a few oil wells pumping too.
Crossed the Ohio to Kentucky on a cable ferry. Enjoyed all that, but
it was a slow trip. Scouted the Kentucky Lake area for a place for
family reunions, where we could fish. Found a nice place with cabins
and boats. Cozy Cove was the name. About 25-30 of us went there for
a few years. Never made the reunions myself because of work, except
for weekend trips to visit everybody, but a good time was had by all.

--Vic
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

Vic, that was part of it. Cave in Rock actually is a landing on the
Ohio, and you can either go for Cairo or to Ky. Lake. From what I can
gather. either was is a fun outing.