Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Just stopped by to say "hi"

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:00:03 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Yessir, it was the Ohio. possibly putting in at Cave in Rock, and
taking it around to Cairo or maybe keep going to St. Louis.

I typed in mapquest from CIR to Cairo, and you can see the river run.

Looks like a lengthy bit of motoring.
Ever boated on the Ohio?
Big sucker, and I usually see barge traffic when I go over the bridge
by Paducah.
One trip down to Florida with my brother I insisted on staying off the
interstate, and we drove down eastern Illinois on state roads.
Lots of abandoned little towns that used to serve the coal industry.
Quite a few oil wells pumping too.
Crossed the Ohio to Kentucky on a cable ferry. Enjoyed all that, but
it was a slow trip. Scouted the Kentucky Lake area for a place for
family reunions, where we could fish. Found a nice place with cabins
and boats. Cozy Cove was the name. About 25-30 of us went there for
a few years. Never made the reunions myself because of work, except
for weekend trips to visit everybody, but a good time was had by all.

--Vic