Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.electronics
No Name

Default HELP - Sounder Watts

Good day all

One newbie here needs a bit of help regarding sounder
wattage. All other variables being equal, how much
advantage is a 1KW (Tru The Hull) sounder over a similar
500 watt model?

A second question is how much will a fairing block
improve the display? The assumption is it will provide a
more stable picture at higher speeds. I boat in Alaska
where 1000 foot depths can occur as little as three
quarters of a mile from shore. Thanks - Cap'n Phil