posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default How to Block MI5 crap?

Does any one know how to block this MI5 crap?
It's coming from several different sender names, so I don't know how to
Block the Sender, and the subject line keeps varying slightly, so I can't
Block by Subject or Words.
The following reply sounds nice, but is ineffective:

"We have received a large number of complaints regarding one of our former
customers flooding various newsgroups with "MI5 Persecution"

posts. We have removed this customer from our active database and he will
no longer be allowed to use our servers.

We appreciate your role in helping us to locate this user."

--

Newsdemon.com Support Team

http://www.newsdemon.com

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"William Andersen" wrote in news:O79ej.26057$yV5.21149
@newsfe15.phx:

Does any one know how to block this MI5 crap?

Block any post, Subject beginning with M and nothing else. You won't miss
anything, it's all bull****, anyways...(c;

You can also use the ? position wildcard in Xnews. M?I* gets all the post
Beginning in M, with the THIRD letter I and effectively filters it.

Too bad MI5 doesn't just kill the ******* and do the world a big favor....

Larry

posted to rec.boats.electronics

In article ,
"William Andersen" wrote:

Does any one know how to block this MI5 crap?

On a Mac use MT-Newswatcher and it's built in spam-filter (you train it
a few days and that's it - set up a filter that kills any messages
tagged as spam).

Otherwise people are reporting that filtering on
M [any number of characters that resemble a space like _-.,'` etc] I
[any number of characters as before] 5
works quite well if you have a newsreader that allows for regular
expressions.

HTH

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com

What crap! Bob Crantz ASA 11 November 24th 05 05:55 AM
FS Political Crap in CA Skip Gundlach Marketplace 0 September 1st 05 03:05 PM
Cut the Crap!!!! Bobsprit ASA 2 October 30th 04 08:28 AM
Ah Crap.... NOYB General 25 January 26th 04 05:18 PM