posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Repairs to Robertson AP200DL Autopilots

My Robertson AP200DL autopilot finally died, error code F64 (Replace
Control Unit). I called Simrad's service center and they indicated
that they no longer service this unit. Now I realize it is an old
unit, but their really good units, they work like champs. And I have a
few other things I would rather spend my money on, I just don't want
to buy a new autopilot right now. Does anyone know where I can get one
of these units serviced? If it's too much, I guess I'll have to bite
the bullet, but I'd really like to repair it.

John

On Apr 9, 12:44 pm, "Capt John" wrote:
My Robertson AP200DL autopilot finally died, error code F64 (Replace
Control Unit). I called Simrad's service center and they indicated
that they no longer service this unit. Now I realize it is an old
unit, but their really good units, they work like champs. And I have a
few other things I would rather spend my money on, I just don't want
to buy a new autopilot right now. Does anyone know where I can get one
of these units serviced? If it's too much, I guess I'll have to bite
the bullet, but I'd really like to repair it.

John

Hi,

There is a place called Seatronics in Gloucester, Massachusetts that
may be able to fix it. If you google it you will get the phone number.
I know they are a Simrad dealer. I know that the guy is a pack rat and
likely has parts for old stuff. I would bet they can assist. The only
problem with the place is that there is a crotchety old man who
frequently hangs out in there. He used to own the place but now it is
managed by a younger guy. I do not know why he allows this freak
(Kohler) to hang around and make prospective new customers walk right
out with his caustic crap????? How many lost customers????

Crusty

On Apr 10, 12:28 pm, "Crusty" wrote:
[...]

Thanks, I had already found a place, Seacoast Marine Electronics, in
North Carolina. I shipped the unit out to them, with a little luck
they can fix it for a reasonable price. I'll let you know how it works
out.

John