posted to rec.boats.electronics
Capt John Capt John is offline

Default Repairs to Robertson AP200DL Autopilots

On Apr 10, 12:28 pm, "Crusty" wrote:
On Apr 9, 12:44 pm, "Capt John" wrote:

My Robertson AP200DL autopilot finally died, error code F64 (Replace
Control Unit). I called Simrad's service center and they indicated
that they no longer service this unit. Now I realize it is an old
unit, but their really good units, they work like champs. And I have a
few other things I would rather spend my money on, I just don't want
to buy a new autopilot right now. Does anyone know where I can get one
of these units serviced? If it's too much, I guess I'll have to bite
the bullet, but I'd really like to repair it.

John

Hi,

There is a place called Seatronics in Gloucester, Massachusetts that
may be able to fix it. If you google it you will get the phone number.
I know they are a Simrad dealer. I know that the guy is a pack rat and
likely has parts for old stuff. I would bet they can assist. The only
problem with the place is that there is a crotchety old man who
frequently hangs out in there. He used to own the place but now it is
managed by a younger guy. I do not know why he allows this freak
(Kohler) to hang around and make prospective new customers walk right
out with his caustic crap????? How many lost customers????

Crusty

Thanks, I had already found a place, Seacoast Marine Electronics, in
North Carolina. I shipped the unit out to them, with a little luck
they can fix it for a reasonable price. I'll let you know how it works
out.

John