posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Need advice on electronics

I think I like seperate moduals instead of a network type. ( In case
one goes out and it not kill my whole system). Or am I wrong.

If you install Furuno vx2 system, you could will have GPS antenna connected
to one display, radar antenna to another, and fish finder would be separate
device (without display). If all equipment is working properly you have all
of this on each display, but if display with, for example, GPS antenna drops
dead, you still have radar and fishfinder...

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Also, do you have a recommendion on a nav chart program to use on a
laptop? I have Street Atlas, but it diesn't have water depth.

MaxSea offers some software that they declared as fully compatibile with
NavNet. I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS SOFTWARE. It has problems working on many new
computers (and old, ofcourse), specialy laptops. I recomend this software
ONLY if you test it before buying it. I mean a test in a real conditions, on
your boat, and with your equipment.

Good luck.

"Hani" wrote in message ...
Also, do you have a recommendion on a nav chart program to use on a
laptop? I have Street Atlas, but it diesn't have water depth.

MaxSea offers some software that they declared as fully compatibile with
NavNet. I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS SOFTWARE. It has problems working on many

new
computers (and old, ofcourse), specialy laptops. I recomend this software
ONLY if you test it before buying it. I mean a test in a real conditions,

on
your boat, and with your equipment.

The latest version of MaxSea apparently also refuses to open virtual com
ports created by the Bluetooth protocol stack. We get reports from some of
our customers who cannot use our BT multiplexers with MaxSea. Also other
commercially available serial-Bluetooth converters don't work. Older
versions of MaxSea do not have this problem.]

Meindert