posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Autohelm 4000 drive belt

I should get a spare drive belt for my British made 4000, will the later
model belts fit?
Dick

Richard Lane wrote:
I should get a spare drive belt for my British made 4000, will the later
model belts fit?
Dick

I can only find spares and belts for the discontinued ST3000. Perhaps
one of these would fit -
http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/R...=88&p pid=242
Philip
posted to rec.boats.electronics

I am looking for a 77 inch (it's autohelm's model # 770X) replacement
belt for an ST3000, but Raymarine does not have one, and no one else
seems to either. Does anyone have a suggestion? Is there a way to
join the broken ends of my old belt that will do the job, at least for
a while? Thanks.

http://www.jasonindustrial.com/trans...lts/vbelts.php

Bill wrote:
I am looking for a 77 inch (it's autohelm's model # 770X) replacement
belt for an ST3000, but Raymarine does not have one, and no one else
seems to either. Does anyone have a suggestion? Is there a way to
join the broken ends of my old belt that will do the job, at least for
a while? Thanks.

Those pulleys and belts (toothed, flat, V, or whatever) are not invented
from scratch, they are selected out of a catalog during engineering.

Take your belt to a good industrial supply house if you have one in your
area. Those belts come in all kinds but a good counterman there can
probably match it up for you.

Stuff like this:

http://www.sdp-si.com/D785/HTML2/D785Belt000_1.html

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA (jackerbes at adelphia dot net)
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine dot com)

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Bill" wrote in news:1168127758.823384.136990@
11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com:

but Raymarine does not have one

Planned obsolescense.....
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Make a google search for "770XL050 belt" it should turn up any number
of suppliers with stock. Alternatively, they were made by the Gates
company in the US and shuld be available still through their
distributors.

Geoff

Autohelm 4000 won't disengage otter Electronics 1 March 28th 06 10:31 PM
autohelm 4000 won't disengage otter Cruising 9 January 3rd 06 03:25 PM
Autohelm 4000 Richard Lane Electronics 1 October 17th 05 05:26 PM
WTB: Autohelm 4000 control head in Washington state Richard Lane Marketplace 0 October 16th 05 12:35 AM
Autohelm 4000 GP tiller pilot fault red Electronics 2 July 29th 03 11:58 AM