BoatBanter.com

-   Electronics (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   Autohelm 4000 drive belt (https://www.boatbanter.com/electronics/75594-autohelm-4000-drive-belt.html)

Richard Lane November 5th 06 04:39 PM

Autohelm 4000 drive belt

I should get a spare drive belt for my British made 4000, will the later
model belts fit?
Dick

Philip November 13th 06 11:57 AM

Autohelm 4000 drive belt

Richard Lane wrote:
I should get a spare drive belt for my British made 4000, will the later
model belts fit?
Dick

I can only find spares and belts for the discontinued ST3000. Perhaps
one of these would fit -
http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/R...=88&p pid=242
Philip

Bill January 6th 07 11:55 PM

Autohelm 4000 drive belt

I am looking for a 77 inch (it's autohelm's model # 770X) replacement
belt for an ST3000, but Raymarine does not have one, and no one else
seems to either. Does anyone have a suggestion? Is there a way to
join the broken ends of my old belt that will do the job, at least for
a while? Thanks.

Wayne.B January 7th 07 01:40 AM

Autohelm 4000 drive belt

http://www.jasonindustrial.com/trans...lts/vbelts.php

Jack Erbes January 7th 07 01:46 AM

Autohelm 4000 drive belt

Bill wrote:
I am looking for a 77 inch (it's autohelm's model # 770X) replacement
belt for an ST3000, but Raymarine does not have one, and no one else
seems to either. Does anyone have a suggestion? Is there a way to
join the broken ends of my old belt that will do the job, at least for
a while? Thanks.

Those pulleys and belts (toothed, flat, V, or whatever) are not invented
from scratch, they are selected out of a catalog during engineering.

Take your belt to a good industrial supply house if you have one in your
area. Those belts come in all kinds but a good counterman there can
probably match it up for you.

Stuff like this:

http://www.sdp-si.com/D785/HTML2/D785Belt000_1.html

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA (jackerbes at adelphia dot net)
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine dot com)

Larry January 7th 07 04:51 PM

Autohelm 4000 drive belt

"Bill" wrote in news:1168127758.823384.136990@
11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com:

but Raymarine does not have one

Planned obsolescense.....

Geoff January 17th 07 07:56 PM

Autohelm 4000 drive belt

Make a google search for "770XL050 belt" it should turn up any number
of suppliers with stock. Alternatively, they were made by the Gates
company in the US and shuld be available still through their
distributors.

Geoff