Junior Member

Default Distress / Notruf (emergency call)

Hi,

Anyone have any knowledge of this German made electronic distress device? It seems to me that it was just to old and outdated for current applications and was left at the nav/station.
There is presently a EPIRB on board and I'm assuming it took it's place. Does anybody know how it was used with other electronics?

Thanks,

Jean

Last edited by EASI54 : July 23rd 06 at 04:37 PM Reason: wrong description
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Distress/ Diruptor Dk1600

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:07:45 -0400, Larry wrote:

Noone monitors 121.5 all the time, now....it being OBSOLETE.

Since 9/11 most aircraft in the US constantly monitor 121.5.
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Dave Anderer wrote in
:

Since 9/11 most aircraft in the US constantly monitor 121.5.

Since being blasted into LEO orbit, ALL the 406 birds are waiting for my
distress call....24/7.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
You You is offline

In article ,
Dave Anderer wrote:

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:07:45 -0400, Larry wrote:

Noone monitors 121.5 all the time, now....it being OBSOLETE.

Since 9/11 most aircraft in the US constantly monitor 121.5.

I don't know what planet your on, but NONE of the bush pilots
up here in alaska, listen to 121.5 except if they are out on
a SAR, actually looking for someone, and even the USCG choppers
rarely actually minitor 121.5 if they aren't on a SAR Mission.....
Junior Member

Thank you Dave for your reply. I am not sure what your referring to about that frequency. Are you saying that the Diruptor DK 1600 puts out a distress signal on 121.5 ? I am merely trying to find out how it was used, integrated into a computer, or radio. Anything that can add would be appreciated.

EASI54

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Ted Ted is offline

"You" wrote in message
In article ,
Dave Anderer wrote:

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:07:45 -0400, Larry wrote:

Noone monitors 121.5 all the time, now....it being OBSOLETE.

Since 9/11 most aircraft in the US constantly monitor 121.5.

I don't know what planet your on, but NONE of the bush pilots
up here in alaska, listen to 121.5...

I assume he was referring to this:

http://www.faa.gov/ATpubs/AIM/Chap5/aim0506.html
2. All aircraft operating in the U.S. national airspace, if capable, will
maintain a listening watch on VHF guard 121.5 or UHF 243.0. It is incumbent
on all aviators to know and understand their responsibilities if
intercepted. Additionally, if the U.S. military intercepts an aircraft and
flares are dispensed in the area of that aircraft, aviators will pay strict
attention, contact air traffic control immediately on the local frequency or
on VHF guard 121.5 or UHF 243.0 and follow the intercept's visual ICAO
signals. Be advised that noncompliance may result in the use of force.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Sorry, I don't know anything about that unit. I was narrowly
responding to the incorrect assertion about who monitors 121.5.

-
Noone monitors 121.5 all the time, now....it being OBSOLETE.-

Since 9/11 most aircraft in the US constantly monitor 121.5.

Thank you Dave for your reply. I am not sure what your referring to
about that frequency. Are you saying that the Diruptor DK 1600 puts out
a distress signal on 121.5 ? I am merely trying to find out how it was
used, integrated into a computer, or radio. Anything that can add would
be appreciated.

EASI54

posted to rec.boats.electronics
You You is offline

In article . net,
"Ted" wrote:

"You" wrote in message
In article ,
Dave Anderer wrote:

[...]

You can read a lot of stuff in the FAR's but what actually happens out
in bush is a Totally different thing. NOBODY maintains a listening
watch on 121.5Mhz while flying, they are all on the local Enroute
Frequency for the zone they are flying in. That frequency changes as
they pass from one zone to the next. Yea, if the USCG or AirForce,
come up and fly formation, they will switch to Guard to see what's up,
but they don't MONITOR Guard in the normal course of flying. Big
Commercial Jets also don't monitor Guard either. They have one radio
set on Center, one on the AirInc Channel for the zone they are in,
and if they have a third, it is on the Company Dispatch Channel
for the zone they are in. If there should be a need for High Flight
Comms to an area being overflown by a Big Boy, Center will have the
nearest BIg Boy call on the Enroute Frequency for the zone that they
suspect the intended aircraft is flying in and see if the High Flight
aircraft can communicate with the intended aircraft. This is never done
on Guard, as nobody is listening there, unless a SAR is running in that
area.
posted to rec.boats.electronics
You You is offline

In article ,
"Bjarke Christensen" (nej, det skal
selvfølgelig være med K da jeg er dansker) wrote:

Just out of curiosity: In Europe UHF refers to frequencies above 300 MHz and
243 MHz would be VHF. Is that notion different in the US? Not that it makes
a difference ....

Bjarke

Bjarke, in the "Aircraft World" Vhf stops at 136Mhz and Uhf starts
at 200Mhz. This has been their convention since the days just before
WWII. Also In the Aircraft World, all comms are done on AM for VHF,
mostly AM for UHF, and SSB for MF/HF. another Holdover from the early
days of Aviation Radio........
posted to rec.boats.electronics

"Bjarke Christensen" (nej, det skal selvfølgelig
være med K da jeg er dansker) wrote in
. dk:

Just out of curiosity: In Europe UHF refers to frequencies above 300
MHz and 243 MHz would be VHF. Is that notion different in the US? Not
that it makes a difference ....

You are correct, but the US military band referred to as UHF crosses both,
going from 220 to 420 Mhz. Sorry...(c;

This military UHF band is where the 243 and 406 Mhz EPIRBs operate.

Automatic distress VHF radios Roger Long Cruising 40 January 28th 06 11:51 AM
Marine Radios Bob Electronics 13 August 7th 04 11:28 AM
need inexpensive marine ssb and ham radio for cruising sailboat. Eric Electronics 61 June 20th 04 04:58 PM
SOS Visual Distress Signal Eric General 8 April 30th 04 04:33 PM
SOS Distress Light Regulations Len Krauss Cruising 0 February 13th 04 03:25 AM