posted to rec.boats.electronics
DJB

Default Tach shows reading when engine off??? HELP Please!

Hi Group...this is realy bugging me.....Have a Chaparral w/ Volvo 7.4
SX....WHat do I do to correct a situation in which my tachomerter shaow a
reading even though the engine is turned off?

Thanks for your help....Dennis in Buffalo NY

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Terry K

As Mic Jagger would say "Paint it black."

What does it show when stopped, when disconnected, at 1000 rpm, at 2000
rpm?

(You would need another one to answer.)

Hint: If it said 50rpm, -200 rpm, 1000rpm and 2000rpm, I wouldn't
worry about it.

Terry K

posted to rec.boats.electronics
basil

On Mon, 29 May 2006 13:47:20 GMT, "DJB" wrote:

Hi Group...this is realy bugging me.....Have a Chaparral w/ Volvo 7.4
SX....WHat do I do to correct a situation in which my tachomerter shaow a
reading even though the engine is turned off?

Thanks for your help....Dennis in Buffalo NY

Some tachometers have a little switch in the back that you can set in
several different positions. It if is set for the wrong motor it will
not register correctly, meaning your rpms will be higher or lower than
they really are.