posted to rec.boats.electronics
basil

Default Tach shows reading when engine off??? HELP Please!

On Mon, 29 May 2006 13:47:20 GMT, "DJB" wrote:

Hi Group...this is realy bugging me.....Have a Chaparral w/ Volvo 7.4
SX....WHat do I do to correct a situation in which my tachomerter shaow a
reading even though the engine is turned off?

Thanks for your help....Dennis in Buffalo NY

Some tachometers have a little switch in the back that you can set in
several different positions. It if is set for the wrong motor it will
not register correctly, meaning your rpms will be higher or lower than
they really are.