posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pascal

Default SeaClear CPA/TCPA Sound Alarm

Hi,

I am testing the SR161 with SeaClear and I have not been able to get
the CPA/TCPA alarm to be triged; I have tried many change in the INI
parms, but the alarms do not sound. I have set the Max CPA=6nm and
TCPA=30min, have got many ships within this distance but nothing about
sound alarm, nor the graphic display alarm.

At the same situations, ShipPlotter sounds the alarm every time without
problem. I want to know if I need to have a valid GPS position at this
time, so that the CPA/TCPA can be calculated at SeaClear. In the
ShipPlotter software, I can set my Home as the reference position, but
in SeaClear this is not possible.

The relevant SeaClear INI parameters are shown below:

; Sound1=C:\SeaClear\Ding.wav
Sound1=C:\SeaClear\Horn.wav
Sound XTE R=NONE
Sound XTE L=NONE
Sound NMEA=NONE
Sound Dpt=NONE
Sound AIS CPA=
; C:\SeaClear\Horn.wav

and:
AIS CPA Max=6
AIS TCPA Max=0.0208333333333333
AIS CPA Color=9
AIS Hide Time=10
AIS Delete Time=360

Thanks

Pascal

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

"Pascal" wrote in news:1148242935.179174.96670
@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I am testing the SR161 with SeaClear and I have not been able to get
the CPA/TCPA alarm to be triged; I have tried many change in the INI
parms, but the alarms do not sound. I have set the Max CPA=6nm and
TCPA=30min, have got many ships within this distance but nothing about
sound alarm, nor the graphic display alarm.

Wouldn't it only alarm if your home were in a collision course with a ship
on the display? I wouldn't want it to alarm just because two ships were in
a head-on collision not involving ME. It seems you'd have to be moving,
too, in a collsion course of your own with them, or on a collision course
with them heading for your anchorage, not possible at home.....I hope.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pascal

Very funny, but in ShipPlotter, my reference point is my "Home" (given
by Lat/Long in the setup) and works, maybe because ShipPlotter is more
"Home Oriented", or more designed to "see the ships" instead of
navigating own boat, compared with SeaClear.

For those interested, I had just now received a reply from Olle saying
that, to CPA/AIS alarm to work (audible) the other alarms situations
must do not ocurs, since the alarm is on a "List Order" base, which
make sense.

Tchau

Pascal

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Hi Pascal

The anti collission feature in Seaclear is very clever, since it only
alerts if there is an actual collission danger.
To simulate situations you should use the D.R. ( dead reckoning )
feature and place your boat near the AIS target and then experiment
with speed and heading manually. When the red circle and the AIS target
name shows and you dont hear the sound alert you should enter
TOOLS/PROPERTIESOTHER and check the sound on box.
Hope this is helpful

Regards Michael

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pascal

Thank you Michael,

I have tried the DR funcion already, but with no results. It is
important to know if the alarm will eventually be triged at all in a
dangerous situation. The alarm in ShipPolotter is very ease to use and
understand. I will try in a real situation in the boat to see if it
sounds.

Best regards

Pascal

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Hi Pascal

One more thing about CPA warning is that the AIS target should be on
the way, as a stationary ( anchored or moored ) does not trigger the
alarm.
I sail near Copenhagen DK with lots of traffic, and I have had fine
results in DR mode as well as GPS mode. You know that you have to turn
off the GPS to get to DR mode.

Kind regards
Michael

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pascal

Thank You ,

Today I finally could hear the audible CPA alarm on SeaClear.

As the 2 portable Gps I have (GpsMap 76 and Gpsmap 276) work only with
NMEA 183 version 2.0 and up, I have taked off the boat my old Garmin
GpsMap 130 and bring it to Home. The GpsMap 130 allows to set NMEA 183
to Version 1.5, and with this version, the "Position Invalid Bit" is
not set when in simulation mode, and so, the SeaClear software believes
that the Gps position is valid, even when using the gps in simulation
mode. The alarm sounds very high and clear, so I am ready now to use
it with confidence in the boat.

Regards

Pascal

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Dennis Pogson

Pascal wrote:
Thank You ,

Today I finally could hear the audible CPA alarm on SeaClear.

As the 2 portable Gps I have (GpsMap 76 and Gpsmap 276) work only with
NMEA 183 version 2.0 and up, I have taked off the boat my old Garmin
GpsMap 130 and bring it to Home. The GpsMap 130 allows to set NMEA
183 to Version 1.5, and with this version, the "Position Invalid Bit"
is not set when in simulation mode, and so, the SeaClear software
believes that the Gps position is valid, even when using the gps in
simulation mode. The alarm sounds very high and clear, so I am ready
now to use it with confidence in the boat.

Regards

Pascal

I will offer you £10 (English Pounds) for your GPSMap76 and your GPSMap276
as they are no longer any use to you. Will you pay the shipping to the UK?

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pascal

Typical english humour? Not funny

Jib sheet bowlines revisited Roger Long Cruising 19 April 10th 06 06:55 PM
Mooron's winter project Joe ASA 7 January 4th 06 03:49 PM
Surround Sound? *JimH* General 2 October 24th 05 12:10 AM