posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Default SeaClear CPA/TCPA Sound Alarm

"Pascal" wrote in news:1148242935.179174.96670
@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I am testing the SR161 with SeaClear and I have not been able to get
the CPA/TCPA alarm to be triged; I have tried many change in the INI
parms, but the alarms do not sound. I have set the Max CPA=6nm and
TCPA=30min, have got many ships within this distance but nothing about
sound alarm, nor the graphic display alarm.

Wouldn't it only alarm if your home were in a collision course with a ship
on the display? I wouldn't want it to alarm just because two ships were in
a head-on collision not involving ME. It seems you'd have to be moving,
too, in a collsion course of your own with them, or on a collision course
with them heading for your anchorage, not possible at home.....I hope.