posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pascal

Default SeaClear CPA/TCPA Sound Alarm

Thank You ,

Today I finally could hear the audible CPA alarm on SeaClear.

As the 2 portable Gps I have (GpsMap 76 and Gpsmap 276) work only with
NMEA 183 version 2.0 and up, I have taked off the boat my old Garmin
GpsMap 130 and bring it to Home. The GpsMap 130 allows to set NMEA 183
to Version 1.5, and with this version, the "Position Invalid Bit" is
not set when in simulation mode, and so, the SeaClear software believes
that the Gps position is valid, even when using the gps in simulation
mode. The alarm sounds very high and clear, so I am ready now to use
it with confidence in the boat.

Regards

Pascal