posted to rec.boats.electronics
Glenn Ashmore

Default SSB question

That is one of the neatest installation I have found and will probably use
it unless I can find a product I saw at the Annapolis show a few years ago.

It was a black plastic extrusion about 2" wide. Along the edges was a
series of C shape clips about 2" long spaced about 6" apart. One side was
just large enough to snap over the GTO and the other that snapped over the
back stay. Neatest installation I have ever seen but I have never been able
to find a source.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
I got a section of UV resistant white plastic from the local plastic
shop. The piece was 1/2 x 2 and maybe 24 inches long. I stood it on
edge and drilled 1/4 inch holes every 2 inches. I then used my chop
saw to cut through the center of the 2 inch holes. Now I had a bunch
of 2 inch plastic blocks with U shape channels down each edge. Now I
drilled a small hole in each corner so that I could use wire ties to
hold the block onto the backstay and also keep the GTO 15 in place. I
think I spaced the blocks about 6 inches apart and its all pretty solid.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Peter Bennett wrote in
news.com:

The backstay should not get thermally hot while you are transmitting -

It won't if you turn off the big linear and just run 150 watts from the
radio...(c;

Sorry, Peter, I couldn't help myself...(c;

73 DE W4CSC/MM2