posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Default Bluetooth NMEA anyone?

In another thread, someone mentioned using Bluetooth to interconnect NMEA
devices, instead of all the damned serial wires all over the place.

I found a converter for you that might be interesting to play with. It's
made for RS-232 serial data, but most 232 devices will respond to NMEA's
RS-422 voltage levels, anyway.

These guys are the manufacturers of the devices. I found this in the Feb
2006 Circuit Cellar magazine that's posted to alt.binaries.e-book.technical
every month.

There's just so many neat little solutions out there if you can find
them....(c;

posted to rec.boats.electronics
eastlands

I have user AirCable (www.aircable.net) bluetooth serial ports to
connect my Garmin devices to a BT PocketPc. I'm not connected with the
company in any way but found them to be helpful, and their products
work well.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
luc

seems to me the solution I was reading about was a bluetooth wireless
multiplexer, but that has wired connections except for the multiplexer
to computer, that part is bluetooth. The guy to ask is Meinhert (sorry
about spelling), he's most knowledgeable about it, builds/designs/and
or sells them as ShipModule. I think it's great to get the wiring out
of the picture, since there is so much of it anyway. But then I'm not
very hip to what's happening in this stuff.

how to read AIS data from encapsulated NMEA VDO sentence [email protected] Electronics 12 July 14th 06 01:15 AM
Objective of NMEA luc Electronics 27 March 7th 06 12:51 PM
Nmea and seatalk to TCP / IP nimbusgb Electronics 20 February 2nd 06 01:42 PM
Getting nmea connections into my laptop beaufortnc Cruising 15 December 30th 05 04:50 AM
Cool! Bennett trim tab indicators now interface with NMEA 2000 standard NOYB General 2 November 17th 05 03:57 PM