posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry

Default Nmea and seatalk to TCP / IP

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in
:

The moment I talk to the Seatalk bus, they are not the
sole talker on the bus anymore which can have legal implecations in
case of problems that cause accidents.

Just do what American companies do....disavow any responsibility,
whatsoever, in your warranty. Our companies aren't even responsible if it
doesn't light the pilot light over here...(c;

Notice the screen that always comes on an American chartplotter that tells
you not to use this instrument for navigation? That's why....

They tell the judge, "We told 'em so."

Case dismissed.

It was the captain's fault he untied the boat from the dock, anyways. He's
always the scapegoat...

I still say we either go USB or Ethernet....all the way....no exceptions.
Stupid NMEA and their proprietary bull**** going off in a hundred
directions trying to stifle competition.

Bill Gates didn't become the world's richest person by making his computers
so it would only run his personal software. NMEA hasn't seen how....