posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in Alaska

Default Nmea and seatalk to TCP / IP

In article . com,
"nimbusgb" wrote:

Anyone know of a device that does this? I am looking for a winter
project and putting together a NMEA / Seatalk multiplexer to TCP/IP
converter sounds like fun.

1 - It would make the connections to a laptop a breeze - no RS232, no
USB converters just a network cable.
2 - With an RF interface I could hook into the data with a WiFi PDA.
3 - If web enabled then no special software on the Laptop or PDA to
display and control the seatalk, just use the regular browser.

Ian

One of the Rabbit Micro's that has an Ethernet Interface and comes
with a license free IP Stack, would be a good place to start. Then all
you need to do is add a bunch of RS-422 Ports, and some custom
programing, and your done..... Jameco sells that stuff...

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @