RW Salnick

Default ComNav autopilots?

Does anyone here have experience with ComNav autopilots? More
specifically, I am looking for experience with ComNav steering sailboats.

Any information, good or bad would be appreciated...

thanks
bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle
Kees Verruijt

RW Salnick wrote:
Does anyone here have experience with ComNav autopilots? More
specifically, I am looking for experience with ComNav steering sailboats.

Any information, good or bad would be appreciated...

The stuff ComNav sells is known as Silva in Europe.

I dunno what their relation is but I believe ComNav resells Silva's NX2
instrument line and Silva resells ComNav's autopilots.

--
Kees
Lynn Coffelt

"RW Salnick" wrote in message
Does anyone here have experience with ComNav autopilots? More
specifically, I am looking for experience with ComNav steering sailboats.

Any information, good or bad would be appreciated...

thanks
bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

I have to give ComNav pilots (in general), TWO THUMBS UP. To be frank,
I have been out of the loop for a couple of years, but in the fairly recent
past have installed and help install lots of them. To be sure, there are
good points and bad points in my personal experience, but if you can read
and are handy at all with hand tools, anyone can get one going. I've never
installed one on sailboats except for use under power (not under sail).
Sailboats are generally one of the easiest to get tamed down. Again in my
humble (but fairly experienced) opinion.
Old Chief Lynn