Glenn Ashmore

Default Technautic autopilots & Octopus drives?

Chuck Husick has strongly recommended I look at Technautic autopilots
driving an Octopus hydraulic cylinder. I am particularly attracted to
the Technautic AP because it gets its primary heading data from a solid
state gyro rather than a flux gate.

What has me a little confused is that the combination will cost only
about $2.7K for a system sized about 25% heavier than Rutu. A Ramarine
ST6000 with similar features and a type 2 drive will be over $4K.

I know the Octopus is solid but does anyone have any experience with the
Technautic AP?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Glenn Ashmore

The WH is still in the running because I know it is just about bullet
proof but the Technautic sure has some nice features that I am becoming
enamored of.

OTOH, I understand 90% of what Will Hamm is doing and feel confident
that with access a half way decent hydraulics shop could fix at least
75% of it. Most of the others are just black boxes.

It is going to be a hard choice.