GSS

Default Need Fishfinder for 38' Sportfisher

I just bought a 38' sportfisher that will be putting out from
Galveston. It does not have a fishfinder, but does have radar,
chartplotter/GPS, depth sounder, temperature/speed, Loran (not sure why
I need this), etc.

I do not anticipate taking it more than 100 miles offshore. Instead of
paying for an all in one unit, I would prefer to get a better DEDICATED
fishfinder, but how much fishfinder do I need? I will primarily be
using it to locate underwater structure (wrecks/hardspots/etc.) and
stay over these items while fishing. Is Color worth the extra $$$?
3D??? How much power is appropriate for this sal****er application?
Single or Dual Frequency? The gulf in these areas is not very deep
(300 Ft?) I am going to ensure I get high resolution display viewable
both day & night.

Any suggestions?

Philip

"GSS" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a 38' sportfisher that will be putting out from
Galveston. It does not have a fishfinder, but does have radar,
chartplotter/GPS, depth sounder, temperature/speed, Loran (not sure why
I need this), etc.

I do not anticipate taking it more than 100 miles offshore. Instead of
paying for an all in one unit, I would prefer to get a better DEDICATED
fishfinder, but how much fishfinder do I need? I will primarily be
using it to locate underwater structure (wrecks/hardspots/etc.) and
stay over these items while fishing. Is Color worth the extra $$$?
3D??? How much power is appropriate for this sal****er application?
Single or Dual Frequency? The gulf in these areas is not very deep
(300 Ft?) I am going to ensure I get high resolution display viewable
both day & night.

Any suggestions?

One of the Navman range? I have a colour 4380 fishfinder that is daylight
viewable.
http://www.navman.com/marine/product...ders/spec.html
http://www.starmarinedepot.com

Philip

Connector pin out - Matrix fishfinder [email protected] Electronics 0 May 2nd 05 02:41 PM
FishFinder Questions TC General 2 January 6th 05 02:57 AM
Which Fishfinder do you recommend? Matt Lang General 8 July 6th 04 04:44 AM
Raytheon Fishfinder transducer problem Eddie E Electronics 3 April 5th 04 12:43 PM
fishfinder problems alex General 11 September 27th 03 03:18 AM