TC

Default FishFinder Questions

I'm looking at the Garmin FishFinder 250. Does it come with
everything? Or do I have to order more parts like the transducer?

Also, most of my fishing will be in waters less than 100 feet - most
likely in the area of 60 feet. Which transducer should I get?

Thanks!
Shortwave Sportfishing

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:18:18 GMT, "TC" wrote:

I'm looking at the Garmin FishFinder 250. Does it come with
everything? Or do I have to order more parts like the transducer?

You have to order the model you want - single transducer or dual
transducer. The single transducer is 2 MHz (200 KHz) and the dual
model is 50/200.

Also, most of my fishing will be in waters less than 100 feet - most
likely in the area of 60 feet. Which transducer should I get?

Thanks!

That's an interesting question. In my experience, and because it's
just the way I look at things, I'd get the dual frequency transducer.
The price difference isn't significant and you get to play with
different settings and get some interesting results in defining
structure, playing with split screen, etc.

However, the 200 KHz is the correct transducer for your usage.

Later,

Tom

Calif Bill

I think he means which angle 'ducer. The normal is 20 degree, but you can
get a 45 degree spread transducer. If I fished in less than 60' all the
time, I would go with the transducer with the wider beam.
Bill

[...]

Boater wannabe questions (Pacific Northwest area) Melandre General 8 June 6th 22 04:07 PM
Lots of questions :) GC General 7 September 16th 04 05:45 AM
Raytheon Fishfinder transducer problem Eddie E Electronics 3 April 5th 04 12:43 PM
Newbie questions Tony Kenny UK Power Boats 7 January 12th 04 08:44 PM