Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Phil Stanton

Default Touchscreens again

Thanks for the various inputs on Touchscreens.
Sorry to post again, but the original subject is rather old now, originally
posted on 8 July.
I have been in contact with various UK suppliers, and they all seem to think
there is no problem with the transflective side.
Then comes the next argument. One supplier says they only way to go is an
Infra Red touch screen sensing arrangement, another supplier says Infra Red
is unreliable, you must have a resistive screen. The original supplier
supplied a capacitive screen which worked well on the odd occasions when it
was bright enough to see.
Another problem is the bezel round the screens which are quoted as
aluminium. I haven't yet managed to find out if it is anodised.
Before lashing out £800 to £900 I would welcome any further comments.