Meindert Sprang

"Larry" wrote in message
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in
news:RaYCe.172558$sy6.31115@lakeread04:

Can't speak to the transflective part but I have tried all three
technologies,IR,capacitive and resistive on my CNC router. I can
pretty well confirm that none have a place in an open cockpit. If a
drop of water hits an IR screen it will pop up a menu and ignore your
finger. Same thing for a capacitive except that a thin coat of dust
will confuse it too. The resistive is better than the others but will
pop up a menu if you cough at it so no telling what it will do in a 20
knot wind.

YO! MEINDERT! YOU READIN' DIS BO?!!

Yes, and I certainly haven't experienced what Glenn is describing with the
screens I've worked with. they were resistive and you have to apply more
pressure than a 20 knot wind does......
But I'll ask the yard who built and maintains this yacht tomorrow, to see if
they have any complaints from the owner.

Meindert