ginginsman

Default Cable harness for Furuno 1720 radar

Furuno no longer supplies the harness to fit a 1720. Anyone know of a
possible source for such a thing?

Doug

"ginginsman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Furuno no longer supplies the harness to fit a 1720. Anyone know of a
possible source for such a thing?

Furuno USA will make up a cable on special order for most radars. You will
need to know the length you need. Standard lengths for the 1720 were 5, 15,
20, 30 meters. Bulk cable is available (no connectors) as part number
000-113-103 at $ 17.20/meter.

Antenna connector is available for around $ 41.00.

I suggest you contact Furuno parts for an estimate on a cable being
assembled from the bulk wire and connectors. I think they do this for $
100-200 labor on old radars. Or order the cable, connectors and do it
yourself.

Doug K7ABX

Steve

"Doug" wrote in message
nk.net...

"ginginsman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Furuno no longer supplies the harness to fit a 1720. Anyone know of a
possible source for such a thing?

Furuno USA will make up a cable on special order for most radars. You will
need to know the length you need. Standard lengths for the 1720 were 5,
15,
20, 30 meters. Bulk cable is available (no connectors) as part number
000-113-103 at $ 17.20/meter.

Antenna connector is available for around $ 41.00.

I suggest you contact Furuno parts for an estimate on a cable being
assembled from the bulk wire and connectors. I think they do this for $
100-200 labor on old radars. Or order the cable, connectors and do it
yourself.

Doug K7ABX

I have a 1720 cable that I purchased many years before I finished my boat
and the only used for one year (until the Magnetron died). I think it is a
20 meter length.

I paid over $80 for it and would sell if for half that it does anyone any
good.

Only problem I see with it, was the shield wire for the signal cable pulled
out of its connector pin and needs to be repaired. ( I could do this if I
can find the proper pin ).

BTW, I also have the, good working display I want to sell and the raydomen
for parts.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Junior Member

Location: Longwood,FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve

I have a 1720 cable that I purchased many years before I finished my boat
and the only used for one year (until the Magnetron died). I think it is a
20 meter length.

I paid over $80 for it and would sell if for half that it does anyone any
good.

Only problem I see with it, was the shield wire for the signal cable pulled
out of its connector pin and needs to be repaired. ( I could do this if I
can find the proper pin ).

BTW, I also have the, good working display I want to sell and the raydomen
for parts.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions
If you still have this cable available I would be interested. Bought a boat and it has the antenna still mounted but was handed the display in a box. The guy said it works but could not find the cable. Been looking for one of these for a while. May need a display and parts as well. If you would like to sell the cable give me a call at 407-830-9300. Just ask for Jeff.