Junior Member

Default Depth Sounder Trouble

I have a 2002 Chaparral 230ssi. I'm having trouble with the depth sounder. Last year it was working fine. I just put the boat in the water a few weeks ago, and it's not working properly. When I turn it on, it reads about 2 feet, and the alarm sounds. I turn it off, and back on, and it reads correctly for about 5 seconds. Then it drops back down to about 2 feet, and the alarm sounds again. I've turned the battery off and on, and still no good. The transducer is mounted through the hull. I would inspect it, but I would have to pull the boat out of the water again, and my marina doesn't have a ramp, so I would have to pay for the crane, or go to another ramp to pull it out myself. Any ideas of what the problem might be? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Figment

--
mikegarwood

Mike

First thing to do is check the electrical connections are clean and making
good contact, over the winter there could be some corrosion on the
Transducer plug/socket and the supply, including the fuse.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Brian