Larry Weiss

Default CMAP Max Chart Cartridges

Any comments on CMAP MAX? Any suggestions on where to get 'em?

Larry Weiss
"...Ever After!'
"a little after"
HaKrause

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:03:22 -0500, Larry Weiss
wrote:

Any comments on CMAP MAX? Any suggestions on where to get 'em?

I designed the CMAP cartridges, when on contract with Garmin. Made a
tidy penny on that one, I might add.
Larry Weiss

wrote:

Any comments on CMAP MAX? Any suggestions on where to get 'em?

I designed the CMAP cartridges, when on contract with Garmin. Made a
tidy penny on that one, I might add.

Anyone notice how I hardly post around here any more? This is why. Ask
a legitimate question, get this BS in response.

Don't you have anything better to do with your time than continually do
the Harry Krause mimic thing? Its not funny. It accomplishes nothing.
And I, as one who has actually developed a fondness for Harry over the
many-many-many years I've been around here, find it insulting. Knock it
off already. Stop being a middle school idiot and try a little courtesy
and respect instead. Please.

Larry Weiss
"...Ever After!"
"a little after..."

John Malone

Hi Larry,

I have recently installed a Simrad CX44 with C-Map NT Max with a
MegaWide Cartridge.

Coverage is great, I think they are excellent value. The update rate
on the screen is excellent - as fast as I have seen on any plotter.
But I guess this could be down to the plotter rather than the c-map
chart it's self.

You can get the charts at:

http://www.nav.ie/catalog/product_in...roducts_id=135

These guys will supply charts for anywhere in the world - even though
the site only has european sites in the shopping cart - if you just
drop them an email. Also if you are in the US the prices are lower
than on the site (by 21% as you do not have to pay VAT).

It is worth noting that you can only use the new mega-wide cartridges
on NT Max compatible plotters.

Here is a list of compatible plotters (I guess this list goes out of
date as soon as it is posted!):

C-MAP MAX Compatible Plotters

Furuno
GP7000
GP7000F
Navnet 2

Interphase
Chart Master V6
Chart Master 7
Chart Master 169
Chart Master 11

JMC
NP-20NT
NP-30NT
Super Pilot Mk1

Lorenz
Compact 7
Compact 8
Excalibur 7
Panoramic 8
Starlight
World Map 11

NAVMAN
TrackFish 6600

Seiwa
Barracuda
Barramundi
Kingfish
Millenium 7
Murena
Nautilus
Seawave
Tigershark
Voyager
Explorer

SIMRAD
CP31
Navstation CX34
Navstation CX44
Navstation CX54

VDO
Map 7
Map 11

Standard Horizon
CP155
CP175
CP1000

Hope this is more useful info - let me know if there is anything
specific you want to know.

Wayne.B

wrote:

Any comments on CMAP MAX? Any suggestions on where to get 'em?

Try he

http://tinyurl.com/6jwd9

They have good prices and service. I bought a Furuno 1833C system
from them last year along with some CMAP NT+ Wide chips. Very prompt
and efficient.

BTW, the next time you see us in Oyster Bay, hopefully by mid-June, we
will be in something that looks like this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoonos...bum?.dir=/4f58

instead of this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoonos...lbum?.dir=60d8

Larry Weiss

Thanks Wayne. Yeah, I looked at Pyacht before and they didn't have the
MAX cartridges available yet. Looks like they still don't. I've been
looking for a new plotter this year, and I'm focusing in more and more on
the Standard Horizon CP1000C. But before I go for it, I'd like to find
and price the MAX cartridges.

Wayne, the new GB is a beauty. Good luck with her. The Florida abode is
looking pretty nice too. Looks like you are actually living my boating
fantasy. Hooray for you!

Larry Weiss
"...Ever After!"
"a little after..."

wrote:

Any comments on CMAP MAX? Any suggestions on where to get 'em?

Try he

http://tinyurl.com/6jwd9

They have good prices and service. I bought a Furuno 1833C system
from them last year along with some CMAP NT+ Wide chips. Very prompt
and efficient.

BTW, the next time you see us in Oyster Bay, hopefully by mid-June, we
will be in something that looks like this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoonos...bum?.dir=/4f58

instead of this:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoonos...lbum?.dir=60d8

Jim McQuade

The MAX MegaWides have a list price of $299. The MAX Wides have a list
price of $199. Pricing for International coverage will be found in our
master catalog.

MAX C-cards may be purchased from your local C-MAP Dealer, or directly
from our Customer Care Department by calling 1.800.424.2627. The
following link will take you to our catalog.

http://chartcatalogue.c-map.no/

J McQuade
C-MAP/USA

Larry Weiss

Thanks Jim. It is nice to know industry reps still keep an eye on these
newsgroups.

Is there any difference in local detail between the Wides and MegaWides?

Larry Weiss
"...Ever After!"
"a little after..."