Guy

Default Tech difference between CMAP and CMAP NT or BLUECHART cartography? Anyone can explain?

In the last two years New Marine GPS use a new technology of CMAP.

What is the difference between CMAP and CMAP NT or BLUECHART cartography?

Is there any standard for these CMAP NT or BLUECHART cartography?

If yes, what are they? where can I read about it?

What do the words Local, Standard, Wide or SuperWide mean with CMAP NT or
BLUE CHART covers in Australia?

How many square miles/km do they each cover Local, Standard, Wide or
SuperWide?

Guy

--
To EMAIL me: remove # and NOSPAM in my email address

James McQuade

The C-MAP NT charts were replaced close to 2.5 years agao with the NT+
product line of charts. The information on the NT+ C-cards is taken
directly from the government paper charts for the region.

The following link will give you a good over view of the NT+ product
line of charts. http://www.c-map.com/productinfo/NT+...ightChoice.asp

The words Local, Wide, and Super Wide refer to the geographical size
of the area
that the NT+ C-card covers. The information is the same, only the size
of the coverage is different.

You may wish to contact our office in Australia to determine the
proper coverage for your region. Following is their contact
information

C-MAP Australia
Unit 41-43 Higginbotham
Gladesville NSW
211 Austalia

Phone: 61 2 29808 6200

J. McQuade
C-MAP/USA
Guy

James

Thanks for your information.

I looked at your website http://chartcatalogue.c-map.no/pcplanner/
and I am even more confused than before.

CMAP Australia is ONLY interested at selling me some new technology and not
prepared to support a 5 years old technology.

So, I'll use my laptop, stick the CD in it and connect a GPS to it.

Thanks you very much. That's will do the job.

Laptop these days are a lot cheaper than a color plotter and than a new set
of CMAP NT+

You lost the sale of a new color charter and new maps.

See you in two years time when ready to "unsupport" an other map
technology.

Guy
--
To EMAIL me: remove # and NOSPAM in my email address
om...