Pascal Goncalves

Ok, there are some VHF radios witch outputs NMEA. But what messages
are used? I know there is DSC and DSE, messages related to DSC since
NMEA version 2 . But my question was if I add NMEA IN/OUT from
VHF/DSC, and I alredy have the Depth Sounder sending NMEA to gps, the
Laptop sending and receiving to/from the gps, witch in turn sends NMEA
to autopilot and so on. How many talker I have? Would be a problem in
that case? With DSC in/out I am adding another unit sending NMEA to
the gps and, since I already have the Depth Sounder sending NMEA DBT
to the gps, this wil work?

I know that the GpsMap 3010 and GpsMap 276C both "theoricaly" have 2
NMEA ports, but at last in my one, witch is at the latest software
level (3.1) this does not work, because when I set one port to NMEA
the other is automatically set to NONE by the softwa so I can have
only one port using NMEA, the other can be Garmin mode, etc.. but not
NMEA. I think this could be a software problem, any coments? Maybe
anibody witch has a GpsMap 3010 or 3006 could tell me if this 2 port
can work "realy" in NMEA format?

In summary, anibody here is using VHF/DSC with the new Location NMEA
IN/OUT function? Anibody here has GpsMap 276C or GpsMap 3006/3010? Who
is using the 2 NMEA ports at same time?

Thanks

Pascal

"Eric Fairbank" wrote in message ...
The new Uniden UM625 and UM525 also have nmea output.

Eric

"krj" wrote in message
I don't know which VHF/DSC radio you have, but all the ones I have looked
at only receive GPS data. ICOM, Uniden, West Marine only have a GPS in
lead.

Meindert Sprang

"Pascal Goncalves" wrote in message
om...
Ok, there are some VHF radios witch outputs NMEA. But what messages
are used? I know there is DSC and DSE, messages related to DSC since
NMEA version 2 . But my question was if I add NMEA IN/OUT from
VHF/DSC, and I alredy have the Depth Sounder sending NMEA to gps, the
Laptop sending and receiving to/from the gps, witch in turn sends NMEA
to autopilot and so on. How many talker I have?

Every device that SENDS data is a talker.

Would be a problem in
that case? With DSC in/out I am adding another unit sending NMEA to
the gps and, since I already have the Depth Sounder sending NMEA DBT
to the gps, this wil work?

You always need a multiplexer when you want to feed data from more than one
device into another. So you need one to feed the output from the VHF and the
depth sounder into the GPS.

Meindert

Larry W4CSC

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in
:

You always need a multiplexer when you want to feed data from more
than one device into another. So you need one to feed the output from
the VHF and the depth sounder into the GPS.

Meindert

Meindert, quit smiling so brightly! It's lighting up the whole sky all the
way across the Atlantic!....(c;

Meindert Sprang

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
"Meindert Sprang" wrote in
:

You always need a multiplexer when you want to feed data from more
than one device into another. So you need one to feed the output from
the VHF and the depth sounder into the GPS.

Meindert

Meindert, quit smiling so brightly! It's lighting up the whole sky all

the
way across the Atlantic!....(c;

Oh man, Larry, you just made it even brighter... :-)))

Makes me think of something my wife used to say: my future is so bright, I
have to wear shades.....

Meindert

Larry W4CSC

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in
:

Oh man, Larry, you just made it even brighter... :-)))

Makes me think of something my wife used to say: my future is so
bright, I have to wear shades.....

Meindert

I'm just proud to actually MEET someone who's turning a PROFIT on marine
electronics....(c;