Gabriel Latrémouille

Default nmea installation

Does anyone have suggestions on how to provide NMEA data to several
"listeners" for example autohelm and radar. Here is the setup: I feed
several NMEA enabled instruments output to a laptop via a NMEA multiplexer
then, feed the NMEA data stream to an autopilot and radar using the com
RS232 port. However I have a single com port. How do I feed both listeners?

Gabriel

Meindert Sprang

"Gabriel Latrémouille" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Does anyone have suggestions on how to provide NMEA data to several
"listeners" for example autohelm and radar. Here is the setup: I feed
several NMEA enabled instruments output to a laptop via a NMEA multiplexer
then, feed the NMEA data stream to an autopilot and radar using the com
RS232 port. However I have a single com port. How do I feed both

listeners?

By connecting the TX wire from the com port to both listeners. Also, some
multiplexers provide a 'real' NMEA output, on which the data from the laptop
is available. Such an output is capable (or at least should be) of driving
four listeners.

Take a look at this page: www.shipmodul.com/en/connections.html Fig. 6 at
the bottom shows how multiple listeners can be connected to a single talker.
In case of your com port, forget about the Out B on the multiplexer.

Meindert

Meindert Sprang

"Gabriel Latrémouille" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Meindert,
Thank for the link. Just what I needed.
Thanks

You're welcome!

Meindert

Save your Win 3.1 notebook for NMEA testing..... Larry W4CSC Electronics 5 November 4th 03 01:44 PM
Before you connect new NMEA and blow your network.... Larry W4CSC Cruising 5 September 29th 03 07:28 PM
Before you connect new NMEA and blow your network.... Larry W4CSC Electronics 5 September 29th 03 07:28 PM
NMEA Noise in SSB Keith Electronics 7 September 28th 03 05:51 PM
Transmitting different versions of NMEA data Larry Electronics 4 August 12th 03 10:47 AM