Default high-quality portable fish/depth finder

Hi,

I am looking for a small, light, simple, and *cheap* fish finder/depth
meter for fishing on my kayak. I do *not* need fancy displays, only
something capable of telling me basically what the bottom looks like,
and help me locate fish.

Ideally, it would be battery-powered, totally portable (not rigged
permanently to the kayak). I have seen one model with two little
sensors which can be hooked to the fishing line and a wrist-watch with
a basic black & white display. The price was 80 bucks a little steep.
Are
these any good?

Is there anything better out there?

I would use it in swamps, creeks, the Intercoastal River in
East-central Florida.
Any advice on models?

Many thanks in advance,

TN

Hi,

Thanks for all your answers. For the past days, I have looked into
many website discussing various models, and I am slowly leaning towards
getting a Humminbird Piranha Max30. While the price is much more than
I initially wanted to pay, its features look very attractive.

1) I get a smart cast remote sense *AND* a regular sensor rod
2) the regular sensor rod can be mounted with a suction cup anywhere
3) the screen has more details than a wrist-carried one
4) it still runs on batteries

Would anyone have any opinion/remarks/warnings/opinions on this model?
Thanks in advance!

TN