Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Len Krauss

Default GPS Hookup to USB

Thus far I've side-stepped legendary compatibility problems with hooking my
Garmin 48 GPS to notebook PC by always using 9-pin serial port. Never had to
experience the trial and error of of USB connection.

As everyone knows, it's getting to the point where virtually no low-end
notebook PC's have 9-pin serial ports.

Has this GPS-USB hookup problem now been reliably addressed by whatever
means ( XP op system, Garmin software, etc)???

Comments would be appreciated as I'm getting to the point where a new
notebook PC may be in my future and it's unlikely to have 9-pin serial port.

Thanks,
Len

--
Eliminate "ns" for email address.