Bobsprit

Northstar is junk? Let me guess, you own a Garmin and have never used a
Northstar, right?

Wrong! Here's a review:

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Northstar...splay_~reviews

Meanwhile, my buddy's P39 had a color version with a screen that lost pixles.
ZERO support from company.
Always buy products with good support.

RB
Sailman

Your epinions link is a data point of one. That's not very
compelling.

I have a 951 and 6000i. Both work flawlessly. I have spoken with
customer support re. upgrades, and they have been very responsive.

Do a little more homework before you bash a company.

(Bobsprit) wrote in message ...
Northstar is junk? Let me guess, you own a Garmin and have never used a
Northstar, right?

Wrong! Here's a review:

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Northstar...splay_~reviews

Meanwhile, my buddy's P39 had a color version with a screen that lost pixles.
ZERO support from company.
Always buy products with good support.

RB

Jack Erbes

Bobsprit wrote:

Northstar is junk? Let me guess, you own a Garmin and have never used a
Northstar, right?

Wrong! Here's a review:

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Northstar...splay_~reviews

Meanwhile, my buddy's P39 had a color version with a screen that lost pixles.
ZERO support from company.
Always buy products with good support.

I've made two delivery trips (two days on the water for each) between
Maine and the Cape Cod area using Northstars and never saw one fog up.

In fact, I have never had a single complaint or problem in using them
and have not heard anyone else mention the fogging issue or complain
about anything else.

If you buddy mailed his warranty card and was still in the two year
window, Northstar would have worked on it for him. That requires the
unit to be sent in to them (in Acton, Mass., also quite close to that
purportedly troublesome Cape Cod Bay area). Their service center has a
good reputation for both professionalism and turnaround.

I know for a fact that Northstar (and Garmin too) consider bad pixels to
be covered under their two year warranties.

All in all, I don't find all the specifics in that review to be
believable.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jacker at midmaine dot com