anchorlt

Default New Nav Software

If you have any interest in what strikes me as a simple, complete and
truly user friendly nav software, you may want to investigate
http://rosepointnav.com/default.htm

I am not an employee, investor or anything like anything that would
associate me with the company. My interest is only in finding what
works, is simple to use and does it reliably.
Jack Erbes

anchorlt wrote:

If you have any interest in what strikes me as a simple, complete and
truly user friendly nav software, you may want to investigate
http://rosepointnav.com/default.htm

I am not an employee, investor or anything like anything that would
associate me with the company. My interest is only in finding what
works, is simple to use and does it reliably.

There is a minimal description there, no page views, or real specifics.
Have you actually tried this software out? Or maybe we could just
cough up $300 and find out for you? :)

Jack (speaking in jest but also curious about the new program).

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jacker at midmaine dot com
Meindert Sprang

"anchorlt" wrote in message
om...
If you have any interest in what strikes me as a simple, complete and
truly user friendly nav software, you may want to investigate
http://rosepointnav.com/default.htm

Mmmm.... that's the second time this week that it struck you.....

I am not an employee, investor or anything like anything that would
associate me with the company. My interest is only in finding what
works, is simple to use and does it reliably.

I wonder....

Meindert

NIFFOCBT

Strikes me too, having never seen it in the Boat Shows being sold next to
Maptech, Transas, and Nobeltec. Never heard of it. Are there free samples for
us Marine elec. Techs to give you the REAL SCOOP, Or do I need to spend $300.

Brian
Remove NOJUNK from Email for responses via email.
Keith

I haven't tried it personally, but the folks I know who have love it!

--

Keith
__
"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
anchorlt wrote:

If you have any interest in what strikes me as a simple, complete and
truly user friendly nav software, you may want to investigate
http://rosepointnav.com/default.htm

I am not an employee, investor or anything like anything that would
associate me with the company. My interest is only in finding what
works, is simple to use and does it reliably.

There is a minimal description there, no page views, or real specifics.
Have you actually tried this software out? Or maybe we could just cough
up $300 and find out for you? :)

Jack (speaking in jest but also curious about the new program).

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jacker at midmaine dot com

BillP

anchorIt?

Oh come on Brad. You can come up with something more anonymous than that.
Do you think this type of cheap advertising is how you'll build your
company? No one is fooled by this type of thing any longer...

"anchorlt" wrote in message
om...
If you have any interest in what strikes me as a simple, complete and
truly user friendly nav software, you may want to investigate
http://rosepointnav.com/default.htm

I am not an employee, investor or anything like anything that would
associate me with the company. My interest is only in finding what
works, is simple to use and does it reliably.

NIFFOCBT

Can you integrate several Sensors?. Can it take into account advance and
transfer using ROT? Can you overlay a radar image on it? Can you incorporate
ARPA targets? Can it display a vessel in heads up or north up mode? How many
AIS targets and how much info will it provide?

How useful is it? Every chart plotter out there can take a gps input and plop
you on a chart. Its the periphials(Spelling?) that sell the software. The
more info available to the skipper makes them more capable to make a informed
decision when it counts. What are you comparing this software to? It really
looks to me like it is very basic in its design. Send it to me and I will tell
you what is really needed in it?

I don't design software. I install it for ships and yachts. I am the one
they call in the middle of the night when the @*?/ is hitting the fan. I have
seen a lot of great concept software, but when push came to shove the support
wasn't there and reliability was horrible. The web site says no phone support.
Only email support. I don't know many captains jumping on their email when
they can't view thier chart plotter. There are only 2 companies out there now,
that I have seen stand behind there product and really make it work (Names to
follow if asked).

Sorry for the rant guys but this stuff is a very important decision an owner/
captain has to make. The type of plotter they use can sink and swim someone if
it is not done right. If a plotter is not set up correctly or fails at a
crucial moment then whats the use. You dont use a plotter on a nice sunny
day. You use it when you are lost, tired, or in bad weather.

Just a few of my thoughts Take them or leave them.

Brian
Remove NOJUNK from Email for responses via email.
Meindert Sprang

"NIFFOCBT" wrote in message
Can you integrate several Sensors?.

Of course he can; with our multiplexers :-)

The type of plotter they use can sink and swim someone if
it is not done right. If a plotter is not set up correctly or fails at a
crucial moment then whats the use. You dont use a plotter on a nice

sunny
day. You use it when you are lost, tired, or in bad weather.

Triggered by the above remark I wonder why no company has yet written a
decent navigation package running on Linux.
I know this will stir up something, but I have been on a ship, developing
software to control a KVM switch that knitted 12 LCD's and 10 computers
together. All computers were running XP (!) except the one I installed for
controlling the KVM switch. This one ran linux and did the routing to four
selectable internet connections as well. Many of these computers had the
occasional crash, but the only one that kept on running was the Linux box.

Meindert
www.shipmodul.com

BillP

Triggered by the above remark I wonder why no company has yet written a
decent navigation package running on Linux.

Because once they made three sales to people who actually use Linux on their
boat, they'd have 100% of the potential market...

Meindert Sprang

"BillP" wrote in message news:VgHXc.9$hq5.0@trndny09...
Triggered by the above remark I wonder why no company has yet written a
decent navigation package running on Linux.

Because once they made three sales to people who actually use Linux on

their
boat, they'd have 100% of the potential market...

I think many people don't use Linux on their boat *because* there is no
decent nav package.

Meindert