Old February 7th 14, 10:22 PM posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default True Wind Speed added to M80s and SeaTalk

I want to add wind speed on my power boat. I have boat speed and direction from GPS and compass.

What can I add to give true wind speed corrected by the GPS for Boat speed and heading?

Thanks

Old February 8th 14, 01:24 AM posted to rec.boats.electronics

On Fri, 7 Feb 2014 13:22:12 -0800 (PST), Carlos Williams
wrote:

I want to add wind speed on my power boat. I have boat speed and direction from GPS and compass.

What can I add to give true wind speed corrected by the GPS for Boat speed and heading?

Thanks

A masthead anemometer will give you true wind speed as well as
direction relative to the boat.

--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok

Wind Speed Test # 1 Scotty ASA 44 October 3rd 06 05:30 PM
True "true wind" & the Raymarine ST60, or other b393capt Electronics 23 December 23rd 05 01:33 AM
Display Wind Speed and direction on a PC Irish_Eddie Electronics 9 August 1st 05 04:33 AM
Wind Speed Meter Bobsprit ASA 4 November 20th 03 05:10 AM